Help! My receiver is making noises!

Username: Tim_hawker

Post Number: 3
I have had my receiver (pioneer d1011) for about a year now and recently it has started making loud thud/pop noises when I turn it off or change the input (from say tv to dvd)

Im worried that something may be broken or on its way to hi fi heaven:-(

Have any of you guys experienced this before? Its a really loud shap thud noise, from the front L and R speakers. Sometimes it doesnt happen, but usually at least once a day. It never makes the thud when being turned on and only seems to make the noise when it has been on for quite some time (at least an hour).

Would a factory reset help at all?

Please help guys, Im worried that this may get worst and damage my speakers in the process.

Tim

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 897
A factory reset may help but I doubt it. It sounds to me like something is not right if it's doing that, especially when simply changing inputs. I think you need to exercise caution when you DO change inputs and I think your best course of action is to get it loooked at and fixed, before you damage your speakers...

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the info Frank, I have contacted Pioneer and am awaiting their response.

Tim

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 526
I would be more worried if my receiver wasn't making noices. (Sorry about that Tim, I couldn't resist.) LOL

Post Number: 5
Lol, that was indeed irresistible Dakulis, I forgive you:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us