Really stucked up - need your precious advice..denon 1905 or nad t743?

Username: Overload

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone...I hope I m gonna find the answer I m looking for due to your advices..I live in Turkey and it s a pain in the a.. here to find yourself a good receiver. I was gonna save me both time and effort and get a bose acoustimass 10 v3 but after searching for a while and reading the forums and articles I found myself going the right way: Form myself a decent and respectable system to start up. Hopefully I could find Definitive tech pro cinema 80 and decided on that for sure...but now I have to find the right receiver to complete the perfect couple.

As I told before it s so hard to find all models and marks here due to stupid local distributers. And to be honest really few people know stuff about real music and sound..the prices are always %30 up by the way..The only way I could get a nad t743 is to pay 870 $..See what I mean :-)

Anyway..i really want your help on this issue..i am in between choosing denon 1905 or nad t743 to go with my pro cinema 80's ..I ll use it like %50 cinema and %50 music..but the music s gonna be mp3s mostly.

My living room is quite small.. like 15-20 m2 (i really dont know the conversion but it's pretty small..i want to get the best out of my music and ht experience. I might as well consider other receiver options ..i'm in badly need of an assistance..I really liked being in this world and definetely will keep it up.

Thank you very much for your time...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1701
With the Def Techs it's probably not worth spending more than you have to I would guess that the Denon wound be fine. I'm not a Yamaha fan but the RX-V657 has received a lot of good press from folks that I trust so I would consider buying it if I were in the market for a budget AVR.

As Chris Martens (The Perfect Vision) says of the Yamaha RX-V657 AVR ($550)"Hang on to your hats"

"Yamaha's RX-V657 is, by a wide margin, the best sounding affordable AVR I've ever heard, and I think it will leave many card carrying audiophiles shaking their heads in disbelief."

September/October 2005 Issue #63 "The Perfect Vision".

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2484
Definitely choose the Denon over the NAD. You wont be disappointed.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2075
Ozan,

where in Turkey are you? Beautiful country, warm people, great food and wine. I visited twice: Istanbul, and then the southern coast towns.

Good choice on not doing Bose, that's the worse of all possible worlds. Here are some other options, if you can find them locally:

Panasonic sa-xr55 all-digital receiver. Dirt cheap (at least here in the US) but IMHO the pure digital technology runs circles around analog receivers costing several times more.

Marantz 5500
Harman Kardon AVR-235, 335, 435
Pioneer 1014/1015

For speakers, look into the British brands like Mission and Mordaunt Short, you should be able to find them in Istanbul or Ankara.

Between the Denon 1905 and NAD T743 I'd go for the NAD, better musical performance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2487
If NAD has such great musical performance, how can a 'bottom of the line' Panasonic beat beat NAD as it did in your system???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2077
because digital and analog sound are apples and oranges, that's why.

Sigh. You repeat the same old stupidities over and over again, and the rest of us on this forum ATTEMPT to educate you, but to no avail---you just keep on spouting the same idiotic things over and over again.

Will there ever be any light at the end of your little tunnel, Paul?

Anonymous

Edster that's like asking if there will ever be peace and democracy in Iraq.

The military slang "F.U.B.A.R." comes to mind in both cases.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2490
On second thought, I think I agree with your point. That tiny 10lb lightweight posing as a HiFi component is probably the perfect mate for both your speakers and TV.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2082
Geez Paul, your wife must weigh about 250 lbs since you like everything so big and heavy, O manly man!

Username: Overload

Post Number: 2
Thank you very much for your suggestions..I live in Istanbul by the way..I was in Izmir before..but you all should see Istanubl if you ever find some time...it's breath taking...and cheap to visit Turkey as well..

as for the receivers, why shouldn't I go for a capable and better one..I've heard that deftechs are really nice and satisfying..

can't I get a satisfying performance on procinema80's for listening music with a nad 743. I think Yammies are better for ht purposes.

I've also offered onkyo 602 and marantz 5500. Denon 1905 is quite bit of both and budget friendly. If I wouldnt notice the difference between receivers with deftechs what's the purpose after allcc

Gold Member

Post Number: 2106
If music matters to you I'd eliminate the Onkyo and choose 1. NAD, or 2. Marantz.

Of course my first choice would still be the Panasonic, it does music even better than my NAD separates which would cost at least US$1300 today.

But IMHO you won't go wrong with NAD or Marantz. You are wise to avoid Yamaha...they make nice motorcycles though.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/160136.html

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=530504

This is a brief description of what the all-digital technology means:

http://www.panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo/audio/receivers/features.asp

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 544
Paul..............shut up! Please find a hobby you know something about such as garbage man or used car salesman!

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1126
Danman, why are insulting sanitation engineers and used car salesmen? Some of you folks are so arrogant. I hope you never find yourselves in the job market with only those two options available.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 548
I was just stating that he would be better at giving advice as a garbage man since that is what he owns and a used car salesman since he buys all his gear at garage sales.

I think you should both go into business together.....one as stated above and the other who thinks he knows it all.........HEY, that would be you!

Nothing worse for the audio world than those that think what they own is the best and nothing but the best!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2519
I find it interesting that so many many of the music snobs own what amounts to nothing more than an entry level HTIB system. IM sure it's perfect if their HT is arranged in a spare closet for WAF reasons.

What's even more funny is that they consider themselves an authority, when they dont even own anything of substance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2144
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Paul, I'm gonna need you in the next 48 hours...you'll be the one thing that can put me to sleep in the middle of a cat5 hurricane! : )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us