Rotel Receiver / Amp Question

Charles
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I'm looking at both the rsx 1056 & 1067 receivers from Rotel, I only have 5.1 now but plan on going to 7.1 eventually. The big question is, would a 1056 with additional stereo amp sound better than the 1067? Or are there better components in the 1067 (besides the extra 25 watts) that would make the 1056 output inferior from the start. I listen to music a ton, but don't want to skimp on the surround either. Unfortunately the rotel dealer in seattle doesn't have the 1056 setup, they're only taking orders for it. My speakers: Quad 22Ls up front, 11Ls in back, and whatever center comes in that line.

Any suggestion is appreciated, even if it's a different brand (Cambridge, Nad, pioneer elite (gasp)). .

Thanks!

Username: Lockaudio801

Post Number: 1
Hi Charles,
I`ve been there used em` rotel receivers. My upgrading seemed endless there always seems to be a missing link in the system. Until I got the Pioneer AX-10ig a/v receiver. this baby tops em` all and the sound is simply involving! Don't take my word for it I suggest you audition em`.

Lorenzo

Charlessame guy
Unregistered guest
I haven't heard of that one. I did look at the pioneer elite's, which are tempting, but the sound from the rotels is better. Although I wish they had the autosetup feature.

I've also found a used 1065(last year's model) for the same price of the 1056. The processing is better on the 1056 with the new Pro Logic IIx and others, but the 1065 has more watts per channel, which would only help the centers and rears since I'd get a stereo amp for 7.1. Any more suggestions?

Post Number: 4
The Pioneer AX-3si is a lower cost alternative to the AX-10ig. It also carries the Air Studio tweak.Aside from that the experience of THX Ultra2 is astonishing in 7.1 surround mode.Why sell yourself short I suggest you get the best I haven't upgraded my system in two years and so far can't see a better alternative in the horizon.

Username: Kendrid

Post Number: 1
Talk about pushing what you own...there is no 'best'.

I had the Rotel 1055 and Elite 55TX in my system and I preferred the Rotel. The only way you will really know what is best for you is to try and audition them. Maybe there is another Rotel dealer you can visit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
KEVIN,

I'm with you that nothing really beats first hand evaluation of any gear or equipment prior to any purchase. A perfect situation would be if the equipment could be auditioned right in one's listening area.

More often than we realise we choose on the basis of what other individuals have chosen to be best for us to use. There may be sincerity in some of their recommendations since it works well with them on first hand experience. However the sad fact is that when you buy the gear it turns out to be the opposite results in your listening area.

Nothibg can be harder than to be in a situation like this. Almost similar to have married a woman you suddenly realized you didn't love. End result of course would be divorce from the object of contempt. This is the reason many people go through the endless notion of upgrading. A viscious cycle has placed the person under the bonds of eternal dissatisfaction inspite of the fact they have very sound equipment on hand.

Keeping up with the Jone's becomes the obsession.
All these complications can be averted by simply trusting on one's hearing faculties,hearing something good will make hearing something better or superior much easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us