Budget FM Tuner

Bronze Member
Username: Banyanleaf

Post Number: 38
I listen to FM programs a lot and would like to get a decent used tuner (are there any new product offering of tuner seperate anymore?). There are tons of options out there and I am just confused. I see a local store that offers a Sansui Classique T-700 in good condition for sale for 30 bucks. Should I go for it? I did google this model but could find nothing. All I can find suggests that it is not from the GREAT SANSUI 70-80s product. Any advice?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5716

My advice? A tuner is as good as its antenna and its location.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1101
Relatively speaking, Jan has a point. But there are tuners that have great selectivity and sensitivity. Luxman comes to mind. If you can find one of those at a fair price, grab it.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2123
or look for a used NAD tuner on eBay, should be really cheap, well under $100. What I like about mine is that it tells you where the signal is strongest, for instance an FM station that is officially 88.7 might actually sound better tuned at 88.85!

Unfortunately Houston's FM is mostly Clear Channel Communications garbage, I only listen to the NPR station and one very weak college alternative station.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1125
Edster, how are those NAD tuners in fringe areas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us