ITunes question and help

Username: Frubalu

Post Number: 1
Say I've got 500 songs on my computer. Then I put all of them on my iPod. Now, to save room, I want to take off 300 of those songs from my computer in order to save space and make my computer run faster. Is it possible for iTunes to not automatically delete these songs from my iPod each time I want to add more songs to my iPod? In other words, now that I've got 200 songs on my computer, iTunes usually will want to update my iPod and delete those 300 songs from my iPod. Is it possible to not let this happen, and only keep adding songs my iPod without those 300 songs being deleted from my iPod?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3972
Yes,
Go to your iTunes.
Click on preferences.
from there click on the tab for the iPod and select"manage songs manually" instead of automatic.

Are you aware that you cannot transfer music from your iPod back to your PC? Make sure that you are aware before you try anything like that.

Username: Polk1337

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny,
I just purchased an U2 ipod and I was wondering if theres any way I can transfer my sisters music of her ipod into mine. I tried it by pluging in my ipod to her computer but it replaced all my songs with hers and I want both. If there is any way I can get her music added on to my song list on my ipod or my itunes please let me know :-)
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 4068
Follow the instructions i stated above about managing songs manually.

Unregistered guest
I Tunes library question:
Is there a way to change the names of the tunes in my library. Sometimes the names that show up in the library when the CD is loaded on the computer bear no resemblance to what the actual name is. Suggestions?

Thanks,
motoji@motoji.net

Username: Lufequ

I can't open ITunes. when I click on the ITunes icon the hourglass appears for 3 or 4 seconds (as if it's going to open) and then.....nothing! Help!

Username: Allstarcam3

Chi-Town united, ILLINOIS USA

Alright, this one is very complicated.. hope you guys can answer it. So I shared some songs with my sister from her labtop i changed my seetting to manually update songs so i could put some of her songs on my ipod. I brought my ipod downstairs to my computer and tried to upload my songs on to my library. THe only was it would work is if i got rid of the songs i just obtained. Now i can't update my ipod from my library. Any ideas? Thx

Username: Charle_hatley

There are some music files that are on my computer that will play in ITunes but will not play on the actual IPOD. They are files that i copied from a burned cd to try and put on the IPOD so i was wondering if 1. that made any difference and 2. if there is a way that i can still put the songs on my IPOD.

Unregistered guest
hi, I have just downloaded the latest version of itunes(6) and for some reason it won't play any more!! I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, system restoring and nothing, it just won't play and the diamond won't move!!
has anyone had this problem and can help
would really appreciate help

Luce
Unregistered guest
Me and my dad share itunes and i recently got an ipod in which I want to put my songs on but I don't want his songs on it. is there a way i can choose the songs i want to put on without having to put on all of his too?

pink_ant89@yahoo.com
Unregistered guest
can you help me how to put songs on my ipod?

Unregistered guest
I need software for RCA Lycra MP3 player

Username: Jtinbc

Help!!! Long story short - Computer crashed, lost my songs on itunes, hooked up ipod to exchange songs from ipod to itunes, didn't work, lost all songs on ipod!!! Now.....trying to import new songs back to itunes, to redo ipod, and now the song name, and artist no longer appear when I import them. It used to automatically appear, now I'm having to type them in manually. Any ideas???? Thanks!

Username: Walla23walla

HELP ME!!!! i have over a thousand songs on my ipod, all which i love, except when i opened my itunes today all my songs were gone. i havent deleted anything off of my computer or anything. i dont wanna connect my ipod since the last time i did that all my songs got deleted. is there any way that i can add more songs without losing all the songs i have on my ipod already?? or anyway to get my songs back into my library without having to wait forever for them to be imported again!??!

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 171
Are you looking in the library? You might have moved the folder that was holding the images?

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 172
Sounds scary. Also check ipod support. http://www.apple.com/support/

Username: Tennisgurlie

ok so i went to listen to my ipod today and all my songs were deleted!!! i dont know what happened i havent put any new songs on it in weeks i havent even hooked it up to the computer. i really need help i had like 1500 songs and i dont want to take the time to do that again. PLEASE HELP ME!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9309
Are the songs still stored in your PC?

Username: Sneedle

PA United States

I can't open ITunes. when I click on the ITunes icon the hourglass appears for 3 or 4 seconds (as if it's going to open) and then.....nothing! Help!

i hae the same problem,, help me!!!!!

Username: Mlewis78

I would like step-by-step information for copying my entire I-Tunes library (Windows) plus all the other things I would need to run it on a new external hard drive. My laptop hardrive is almost full and I want to free up space and operate i-tunes from the external drive.

I have already clicked and dragged on the I-Tunes icon from my desktop files, did a copy and paste of my library (but it only copied some and I have 11.5 GB) and I have clicked "Export Library" from I-Tunes to the I-Tunes Music folder I created in my external hard drive. I think I've not completed what needs to be done or I've done it incorrectly. My external hard drive is SimpleTech 160 GB. I've read posts on here from the past about the preferences (for after all my info is copied to the external drive).

Help, please. Thanks!

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=829489#POST829489

I think I found my step-by-step answer at
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301748. I will try that and hope it works for me. Apparently it is important to click "Keep iTunes Music folder organized".

Post Number: 3
I followed the steps in the apple.com page that I posted above, but when I open in E Drive (my external hard drive), it does not look like i-tunes. It's a lot of folders with the names of the artists. Does this mean I cannot use this instead of the i-tunes on my C drive? I would like to eventually delete the one on my C drive, but as it is now, I think I would lose my ability to add songs and sync. the ipod.

Post Number: 4
OK. Now I realize that only the music files go to the external drive and I can use them with the i-tunes set-up on my C drive. Took me a while to understand that.

Username: Pmchai

Philadelphia, Pa Us

Hi,

I recently bought an ipod. I spent a good deal of time putting music and podcasts on it. I got to a point where I wanted to delete what was on itunes on my hard drive, not realizing that after I did that itunes would also delete everything on the ipod when it was updated. Oy! But a number of the albums and my audiobooks rest in My Music in Windows. They are there. But I can't figure out how to copy them and send them to itunes. Can anyone help?
phil

P.s. Is there anyway to tell itunes not to delete stuff off of the ipod until I tell it explicity?

Username: Amsd

Great Missenden, Bucks UK

On my iTunes i have checked the box that says "updated checked songs only". This is what i want but i would still like to play the songs that are unchecked off my computer but it will just skip them if i am playing a group of songs. is there anything i can do?

Username: Amsd

Great Missenden, Bucks UK

I have recently downloaded the new iTunes 7.0 and after I connected my iPod to the computer all of the songs that i played were fuzzy. Then I noticed that the iTunes was doing it too. At first i thought it could be my iPod battery failing as I have had my iPod for a while but now i am not sure. Can anyone help me please?

Username: Thebalance

my parents are divorced and i have my itunes set up at my moms. When I went to my dads and dowloaded itunes it said I can only use one itune. Is that true, or am I doing something wrong?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13706
You need to authorize both PCs.

Username: Wormajean

my son had an itunes account on my pc. the computer crashed and he lost his ipod. does this mean that all of the songs are gone? is there any way to retrieve his account and upload it to my new mac?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14063
Unfortunately you are out of luck, once you crash your PC, everything will be gone from iTunes and its consequent library. Try contacting apple.com and see if they can do anything for you.

There are no back ups for your son's music library???

Username: Hestongolez

ManilaPhilippines

i have recently downloaded video podcast on itunes and it seems that every time i log out the file gets lost in itunes. is there a limit on how many you can download in itunes?

Username: Wormajean

HELP! my computer crashed and i lost all my songs on itunes. it was a PC. Got a new Mac. wondering if there is any way to retrieve those songs?

Username: Keligirl13

Tamarac, Fl Usa

i am in my itunes and i want to import my songs from my shared file. how do I do that?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14119
It is as simple as drag and drop.

Username: Eeyore951

So I just put every ITunes file I had on my new external hard drive. Now my ? is how do I add a new file using only 1 USB port? Do The external hard drive and Ipod have to plugged in together or is there a way around this?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14680
Yes if all your music files are in an external hard drive, they have to plugged in at the same time.

Username: Valaras

Singapore, Singapore Singapore

scuse me
im having a problem with my itunes
everytime i opened my itunes,the system most likely would crash
i never had any kind of this problem before
it just occured suddenly out of nowhere
can you please help me mr.berny?

Username: Smcgowan

i put all my itunes on my laptop, i was then brought a new laptop so transferred all my songs to an external hardrive to transport over to my new laptop but when i try to play some of the songs on the laptop from itunes a message says that the song cannot be found, although when i look on the ipod itself the song is there and plays?????

Username: Isabellajack

Why do some of my songs in Itune library doesn't sync into my ipod..? my frns told solution that is Make sure all the song's that are listed are actually on your hard drive because itunes lists songs even if they are deleted. The way you can tell if this is happened there should be a explanation mark on the song name.Another thing is make sure all the songs are checked in the little blue box.If none of this works look at your ipod options and make sure "Automatically Sync My Songs" is enabled.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16208
If your iPod issues cannnot be found in this thread, start a new thread so we can look through them. The search fucntion on this board blows!

Username: Suekohn22

United States

Post Number: 3
thanks for help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts