Yamaha rxv1400 or Onkyo sr701 pls help

Username: Roeldarilay

Post Number: 1
I'm newbie on this which is better the yamaha rxv1400 or Onkyo sr701 pls help me decide i'm realy cunfuse about the two reciever your advice pls. thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 239
Roel,

What speakers are you going to be using with this receiver? These two receivers have very different sonic charachteristics, so the type of speaker you have is going to likely determine which will sound better in your situation.

Post Number: 2
Johnny,

My speakers front Paradigm Atom Paradigm CC300 for the center and JBL ht1 for the rear what receiver will be compatible to my set up my option are on the two reciever i'm here in the Philippines and also the service center is my problem so i choose with in the two.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 242
Roel,

For Paradigm, I would definately choose the Yamaha. Yamaha tends to be bright sounding (although the 1400 and up are not so much as the lower end models), while Paradigm is very warm sounding...they just compliment each other well. Onkyo is on the warm side, so paired with Paradigm, the sound would be too warm in my opinion.

Post Number: 3
Johnny
Thank you for the info this will be a big help for me so Yamaha will be my option.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 325
I would also say get the Yamaha and either another pair of Atoms or a better model Paradigm and keep all your speakers the same brand. For the money the Atoms are a real steal.

Post Number: 4
therealelitefan,

maybe i will keep all my speaker same brand, and thank you for the info this will be a great help for me.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 32
i totally disagree about onkyo sounding warm. i love my 55wpc onkyo home theater reciever. it REALLY made my NHT super zero speaker's treble alot more extended and clear along with greatly improving imaging over my previous (and more expensive when new) NAD 2 channel reciever which sounds muffled and closed in by comparison.

i can't speak about onkyo vs. yamaha, but if yamaha is in fact brighter, then i would classify onkyo as more neutral.

i'd definately choose either brand over NAD for my slightly polite softdome tweeters. i wouldn't call my entry level onkyo warm at all. it beats NAD treble extension and stomps sony treble into oblivion.

in my system, onkyo was a huge improvement and a pleasant surprise. a cheaper 5 channel unit was actually CLEARLY better than a more expensive dedicated 2 channel unit for stereo listening!

Post Number: 5
Hi I purchase the rxv1400 today i love the sound very much but when i connect the monitor out to the TV the display keeps on rolling i could not able to set-up the right way because of the display on the TV as if it is a Pal but my system is nstc anyone pls help! thanks in advance

Username: Erimi

Sao Jos dos Pinhais, Parana Brazil

Post Number: 2
Johnny
I'm in doubt to make my mind between RX-V1400 and 2400. Do you have expirience in those to identify the main differences???
Also what do you think using 1400 with B&W 600 S3?
Thanks

Anonymous

I have come to the conclusion after much research over the years and my own experience that onkyo is BASICALLY better than yamaha.Yamaha pretends to be a high end brand but in my opinion we should all think of them as a higher end sony type brand.I have heard of more problems with yamaha then onkyo--yamaha has more features but I think onkyo's are better sounding and better built receivers-I also agree that onkyo's do not sound warm-just smoother than others-i used an onkyo with some smooth-ish b and w's and they were a great combo.

Anonymous

When I said above we should think of yamaha as a higher end sony I meant in performance only-according to many recent and older reviews I've read sony receivers are very well made(built)and yamaha receivers are generally built to average standards(not bad just average).The best receivers on a price AND performance basis(combined) are probably onkyo,than marantz,then nad(nad has had some complaints though),then pioneer(highly rated),then HK.

Anonymous

to be honest the recent pioneer's have gotten such great ratings they may be the top choice for sound and price.I think onkyo's may be a little smoother(maybe)and more hifi sounding but according to the reviews the pioneers are great in all aspects,but if hifi is very important one should probably compare the onkyo to the pioneer before buying.

Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 6
Anybody have opinions on the Onkyo TX-sr601? In particular, will it drive 4 ohm main speakers in a 6.1 set up where the other speakers are 8 ohm, and will it sound well with B&W speakers (DM610i mains and DM302 surround)? If you don't think the Onkyo TX-sr601 can power 4 ohm speakers, do you have a suggestion for a receiver that would in the same price range?

Username: Erimi

Sao Jos dos Pinhais, Parana Brazil

Post Number: 3
In spite of the opinions above, I went to Yamaha 1400. In 2-ch, paired with B&W DM 600, it sounds great. I did the same with Onkyo's 601 and it sounds more clouse.
Yamaha maitain clarity and fidelity even in low volume compare with 601
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us