Solderless Phono Plugs help

Anonymous

I need to connect my TV (which has RCA jacks) to a speaker that had the +/- connection (a regular speaker connection). I went to "The Source by Circuit City" (aka Radio Shack Canada) and they told me to get Solderless Phono Plugs (pictured here: http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr1834.html). My problem is that when I connected them to my TV, the sound was so faint...how does one connect the speaker wire to these jacks properly? Thanks!

Username: Uncle_fester

Transylvania

Post Number: 6
I'm surprised that you get any sound at all from the speakers. You need to put an amplifier of some kind in between the TV RCA output and the speakers.

Anonymous

They didn't tell me that! Do you have a better way of connecting my speakers to RCA jacks? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 512
Yeah, through a receiver. RCA outs from the tv to a receiver, speaker outs (speaker wire, not RCA's) from the receiver to the speakers.

Username: Uncle_fester

Transylvania

Post Number: 10
You probably don't need an expensive amp. Put 'Tripath' into the search option on Ebay. That is probably all you need. The amp, together with a wall-wart power supply can be yours for about $35.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us