Rotel rsx-1067(7ch driven) or rsx-1056(5ch driven) with extra stereo amp?

Chuck
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I'm looking at these two, unfortunately my local dealer is not showing the 1056 but taking orders. I've been told by a rotel rep and also by the specs that they sound pretty much the same, but with the 25 watt / channel difference(only audible at LOUD volumes). I only have 5.1 now, but probably will get 7 channels later. I'm thinking the 1056, after the additional amp, would actually sound better than the 1067. Does anyone disagree? why?

Q#2 The rotels say they have MP3 decoding. So WHAT input is receiving this mp3 signal? Interesting.

I'm also looking at the discontinued 1055, for a discount... I thought I'd share my research:

The 1055 has 24bit DSP chip, 24/96 DAC, 20/48 ADC, supports the following formats: DD, DD EX, DPLII, DTS, DTS ES MAT/DISC, DTS NEO:6, 2CH, 5CH, 7CH STEREO, HDCD, 3 STEREO, MUSIC 1-4. Has 5 channels of amplification at 75watts each, offers amp redirect feature, has 2 component video inputs, 7 multichannel inputs, no zone 2 video output, no assignable 12v triggers, adjustable sub X-over from 40hz to 120hz in 20hz increments and has an EI style transformer.

The 1056 has 32 bit DSP, 24/192 DAC, 24/96 ADC, supports the following formats: DD, DD EX, DPLIIx, DTS, DTS ES MAT/DISC, DTS NEO:6, DTS 24/96, 2CH, 5CH, 7CH STEREO, HDCD, 3 STEREO, MUSIC 1-4. Has 5 channels of amplification at 75watts each, offers amp redirect feature, has 3 component video inputs, 8 multichannel inputs, has zone 2 composite video output, has assignable 12v triggers, added 150 and 200hz options to the sub X-over settings, has assignable turn on volume setting, independent X-over settings for speakers, and video upsampling from composite and S-video to component video, has an EI type transformer, also offers discrete remote commands via the RS232 port.

The 1067 has 32 bit DSP, 24/192 DAC, 24/96 ADC, supports the following formats: DD, DD EX, DPLIIx, DTS, DTS ES MAT/DISC, DTS NEO:6, DTS 24/96, 2CH, 5CH, 7CH STEREO, HDCD, 3 STEREO, MUSIC 1-4. Has 7 channels of amplification at 100watts each, offers amp redirect feature for zone 2, has 3 component video inputs, 8 multichannel inputs, has zone 2 composite video output, has assignable 12v triggers, added 150 and 200hz options to the sub X-over settings, has sub levels for diff. DSP modes, offers assignable turn on volume setting, independent X-over settings for speakers, offers video upsampling to component, has a toroidal type transformer, and offers discrete remote commands via the RS232 port.

Any suggestions or corrections appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us