Sharp XL- DV50 Protect message

Username: Likwidsoul

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have Sharp XL- DV50 shelf mini-system. When I power it on, I get message on LCD pannel "Protect", and can't do anything about it or operarate the system.
Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?

uglyboywith11fingers
Unregistered guest
I have same thing with a SHARP CD-C2900... "Protect" message when power applied.
anybody have any thoughts ?

zizzergirl
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem, searching for a clue on this. Nothing in the manual's troubleshooting guide can work with it in this condition, but I tried anyway to no avail.

BAP_In_WA
Unregistered guest
I googled "SHARP CD-C2900" and found this page.

I started having problems with the CD player on my CD-2900 a couple years after I got it. Now I don't even use the CD player. I use it as a sound system for my computer and it works really well for that.

It was strange though. First I started getting an "Error" message, then after a while, the CD player quit working completely. Oh well. It sure sounds good! I have had it for over 6 years now.

Everything else still works! ; - )

TraceyF
Unregistered guest
Hi guys..Just a quicknote, I too am having the same prob re: PROTECT MODE..i have had the system into a repairer as it was a curcuit blown and it cost me $120 to fix.That was 2 weeks ago and just today it has done it again,only this time I am able to turn it on THEN it goes into protect mode.There is a site,possibly the sharp site that does a step by step into fixing the prob.It says that if you cant fix the prob THEN take it into a repairer.I just cannot seem to find the site !!!! the step by step involves pressing buttons on ure system as soon as it powers up,I just cant remember the sequence,or,even the buttons haha...anyway...if anyone finds the solution..post it !! Cheers Trace

Username: Teecee

XL-DV50H PROTECTION FAULT
Diagnosis of a faulty fan motor was made in my system. the fan motor sends signals to a microprocessor and prevents over heating of the system. the faulty fan was responsible for the protection message

Username: Cody_read

Winnipeg , Manitoba Canada

I have a SHARP CD-C2900 and i plugged it in and im getting the message on the desplay that reads ERR 0101 and the stereo works for everything other then the cd player can anybody help me out

Username: Nitram_laup

WellingtonNew Zealand

XL-DV50H PROTECTION FAULT
I have this same problem. I took it to a repairer who charged $190 to repair the Fan Motor. 3 Months later I have the same fault and am not convinced that it is a "Fan Motor" problem. I can get it working by reducing the volume to around 12-14 on the dial, but if I want to really hear the sounds, then it just goes into PROTECT mode. Also the Sub Woofer has just stopped alltogether. Has anyone had a real and permanent fix to this problem?

Username: Jim7221

STURMINSTER NEWTONUnited Kingdom

Hmmmm.... 2 years on and I wonder if ppl sorted out the problem... or just got new eqpt!!!...lol
Anyway, I have a XLDV50H and read up on this forum about the "protect" message discussion..... note the refs about 'faulty fan'.... from my investigation it looks as though the fan control circuit is at fault; therefore the unit is overheating....solution??... well, i have bypassed this so the fan will run constantly when the unit is turned on........... so far... so good!!..... so if you dont mind doing a bit of soldering and can trace a cct board its pretty easy.... IF my unit ever does go into fault again Ill let you know..... JK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us