Anyone knows KEF Q60 speakers?

casa7
Unregistered guest
I've got a pair of KEF Q60's and they rock,but i've never seen a review of them.

They are quite old (1992) but i've compared them with Mission M73 and Acoustic Energy EVO 1 and the KEF's give no chance.

Anyone got information about these speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3885
When you say you've "compared", do you mean that you actually listened to the other speakers or you based it on specs?

I don't mean to sound obtuse, but what do you mean by "give no chance"? No chance against the others or the other speakers will never be given a chance by the KEFs?

If you listened to the other speakers and you liked them better than the KEFs, then it shouldn't matter what type of reviews they get. You are the one listening to them and these reviews will not serve to give you a better appreciation of what you have or otherwise.

casa7
Unregistered guest
My system is a nad c320bee and nad 521 cd player with kef Q60 speakers.

I listen to funk, jazz, downtempo, reaggea and dub.

But as a good music fan i wanted to improve the sound quality...

the kef's are a bit old (around 13 years)and after reading so many reviews about recent speakers, i thought that the new technology had improved the sound quality, so i decided to listen to the AE's evo1 for a week, but when i cranked the volume up (volume button at 10 o'clock) the woofer's would star cracking.

So i though, "i need a bigger speaker".

I went for the mission m73's, liked very much the sound (especially the bass)and bought them.

After a month and in the long term, i realised that the m73's tremble and mid's sounded closed. So i tried the kef's again and realised that they sound generally better.

So the reason i would like to see some information/tec specifications/reviews of the Kef Q60 is just out of curiosity because if you find a product that you think that is good you just share that information with others

thanx

Unregistered guest
Hello, I presently have a stereo system with carver 500 watt amp, carver pre amp, carver cd player (5 disc) and infinity overture 3 speakers. My system is 7 years old. I just bought a new 42 inch lcd flat screen and decided to upgrade to a 5.1-7.1 surround sound system. I bought Adcom 7807 amplifier; Outlaw 990 preamp/controller; and want to keep my Infinity speakers because i love the sound and add Infinity Beta 50's for rear and center. I am also considering Kef Q11 and Athena AS-F2.2 Would love to hear ideas from others on speaker choice. Also, is there sufficient difference between Denon 3910 or 5910 to justify price?

Unregistered guest
Hello, I presently have a stereo system with carver 500 watt amp, carver pre amp, carver cd player (5 disc) and infinity overture 3 speakers. My system is 7 years old. I just bought a new 42 inch lcd flat screen and decided to upgrade to a 5.1-7.1 surround sound system. I bought Adcom 7807 amplifier; Outlaw 990 preamp/controller; and want to keep my Infinity speakers because i love the sound and add Infinity Beta 50's for rear and center. I am also considering Kef Q11 and Athena AS-F2.2 Would love to hear ideas from others on speaker choice. Also, is there sufficient difference between Denon 3910 or 5910 to justify price?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us