Subwoofer cutting in/out

Username: Djmagnum4ce

Post Number: 4
I have a Onkyo TX-SR701 receiver and using a pair of MA silver series S1 bookshelves and a klipsh RW-8 powered sub. I have the setting all set to the same level as far as the white/pink noise is concerned ( 0db). speakers are set to "small" and the subwoofer setting is at 0 db. the problem I am having is when the volume is at a normal to high level, the Sub cuts out and the only audio is from the MA's. that lasts for about 10 - 20 secs and then the Sub cuts back in and sounds great for about 10 - 20 secs and cuts out again. I have the SUB wired via the LFE connection. and the Sub is has been set to both AUTO and ON on the back of the Sub with the same results. hope thats enough info to gather some ideas. also, there is no distortion or popping sounds with the Sub or the MA's while this is going on. when the sub cuts back in it sounds great! and when its cut out, it just sounds like someone stole my bass! thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3873
check the integrity of the cable you are using that is connected to the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 862
1) check that it's wired correctly.
2) check the tensil leads.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 863
also, my onkyo used to go into protect at the drop of a hat. you may be pushing the sub(s) too hard with too little power (i was).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us