Help Please ! to find the right receiver

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a pair of Polk Speakers RTi12.
I am using a Receiver HK 225 but it seems that the speakers might be a liitle too much for it. Can anyone please recommend a receiver that would best match these speakers ? Budget $1500.00 Max.

Thank you !

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 316
My choices would be NAD 673, Elite vsx55, Marantz7400, and H/K 630 or better yet a H/K 7200 if you can still find one. Another choice would be a Marantz 8300 which is discontinued, you might find one somewhere.
By the way; does anyone know if Marantz is replacing the 8300 or eliminating the 8... price point?

Ed
Unregistered guest
Thank you very much Elite Fan, I really appreciate it. I will start my research based on your suggestions.

I do not see many comments or critics regarding Polk speakers. Are they any good compared to Paradigm or Def Tech?

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 105
Elitefan

I saw a photo on a website showing Marantz receivers at a recent show - there was an SR-8400 pictured.

Ed
Unregistered guest
After doing some homework, I have decided to go with the Elite vsx 55, just one question, I am currently using a 10" Infinity Entra Sub, would it be better to upgrade? Any recommendations?
Thanks again !

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
Ed,
Congratulations on the choice of the 55. Very good receiver and match with your Polks. If you have been happy with your sub in the past I don't see why you won't be happy with it in the future.

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 95
Ed,

Congrats, sounds like a real nice system you're putting together.

As usual, the "good doctor" elitefan was right on the money. Enjoy.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
Hey Rick,
If I'm the "good doctor" how come I'm so poor?!

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 97
It's called pro-bono, but for what it's worth I'm right there with you.

Thanks-enjoyed the laugh!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us