Orbs

Ani
Unregistered guest
Has anyone heard them? Orbs?
Are they as good as they say....or are they another bose?

I had finally settled on some speakers when I saw these as the editors choice on Stereophile
http://stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/

below that is the editors 2005 choice.
or
http://www.orbaudio.com/

I have always been willing to give up some of my space for a good sounding speaker *although I admit the way my house is that is would look a lot nicer with smaller speakers....but wasnt going to get those overpriced bose things that do not sound good to me*

Sound wise or rep....has anyone heard of these and what they REAL deal is? Sheesh...I was going to go get mine tomorrow. Grrrr.

Thank you for you help

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 86
Home Theater Magazine (sister siste of Stereophile) just gave the Orbs an awesome write up in the Sept 2005 issue. You won't be disappointed...I've had them for a couple of years and they still are my favorite electronics purchase ever. They have big, full sound and are great for both music and movies, which is very important to me. If you get the Mod2 speakers in your front channels, you will feel like you have much, much bigger speakers in the room.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3823
Hey Monologue, we haven't heard from you in a while

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
busy work followed by long vacation...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3853
Welcome back.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 23
I have owned the Orbs for about 6 months now and I agree with Monologue, they are one of my favorite electronics purchases ever. I listened to the Bose system numerous times, but tried the Orbs and I am thrilled. The sound is full, detailed, and there is plenty of treble. I went back to hear the Bose demo before my 30-day trial period was up and the Orbs blew Bose away, even with the special listening room and program. I also listened to the Kef and Gallo sub/sat systems, but preferred the Orbs by a mile. I have the Mod2's for all 5 channels and the awesome Super 8 sub. I have owned numerous sets of speakers (Kef, Infinity, Polk, Phase Research) and had the same pair of Kef 102.3's for over 20 years. These were the first speakers I listened to that convinced me to replace my larger speakers with a sub/sat system. My wife is thrilled with the look and I love the sound. Give them a try and you won't be sorry.

Bronze Member
Username: Kjrice

Post Number: 20
I love my Mod2's!!!!!

Ani
Unregistered guest
Can not tell you how helpful your posts where

Thank you so much for your input

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 24
There is a great thread over in the home theater section that talks about the Orbs and compares numerous sub/sat systems.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/9497.html

Anonymous

Have you read Audioholics review of the orbs?

Username: Brody

Post Number: 3
I like my mod 2's but after 5 months the left and right mod 2's quit working. I am told by will at orb that they will split the cost with me. I can't imagine I blew them out. Has anyone else had any problems?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
no probs here.. had them a while and have def. "stress tested" them for lack of better words. I generally listen to rock and house music, at moderate to high volumes. Blown speakers are never covered as warranty service by speaker manufacturers, but it sounds like Orb has some program to provide partial coverage or to do the repair for less than "shop rates" and parts cost. So, if the speaker is actually blown, and if they are splitting the cost w/ you, that seems pretty reasonable. Many times I feel manufacturers specifically do not provide an easy repair in this situation b/c they don't want all they yahoos out there trying to push the speakers as loud as they can possibly go until they blow. It seems audio companies would rather have a tough policy on blown speakers (i.e. expensive repair) to encourage people to exercise at least minimal care. A more generous policy can only lead to less care.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us