Spkrs for Pioneer Elite 74TXVI

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 53
I've recently purchased the new Pioneer Elite 74TXVI receiver. When I auditioned it at the store, it was connected to MA speakers and sounded great. I would appreciate any suggestions on which OTHER speaker brands I should audition with this receiver. Thanks in advance everyone!

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
I would be interested in your impressions of the 74. On another forum I read that since Pioneer redesigned the amp section it is now 10 pounds lighter that the 56. This is cause for concern as generally heavier is better. It was also said that in a direct comparison between the 56 and 74 the 74 had expanded highs and was brighter. This is also cause for concern as I hate bright. Elite's are known for their smoothness at the upper end and I'd hate to see that change. I own a Elite 45 and have really loved it and would consider an update but my local dealer does not have any of the new models and from talking with him he doesn't seem to impressed with the new design. He probably hasn't heard it either so I kind of discount that. The 56 can be had for under $900 now and for that money is a real bargain. What did you pay for the 74, if I may ask?
As to speakers I have MA's myself and they are a great speaker for Elite's. I would say listen to as many different brands as you can in your area and buy what you like best. I am not one who is at all interested in the mail order speaker companies so can't comment on them. The only speaker brand in my area I have considered switching to is Dynaudio but can't say they are really that much or any better than the MA's.
Hope you enjoy your new Elite regardless of what speakers you buy and look forward to your comments to my questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us