Nad T773

Louis
Unregistered guest
Going to order Nad T773 by the end of this week for $1449 online, is this a good deal? or can you suggest any nice dealer and good price? or marantz receiver?

Getting a surround speaker package as well, thinking of JMLab-Chorus s, PSB Image and B&W 602 s3 package.

Living room - 6m x 8m.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 74
Louis,
Just make sure you're buying from a NAD authorized dealer for the warranty. It sounds like a good price but I haven't shopped around on the internet because I bought mine at my local dealer.

I have a 773 and love it.

The speaker brand choice is very important to match with your receiver. I have Paradigms which are a good match w/NAD and I've heard the PSB's are a good match. Don't know about B&W or JML?

Good luck.

Anonymous

I got mine in five days from http://elegantaudiovideo.com/recnad.htm. So far everything is just great. My speakers are Veritas 2.3i, Veritas 2.0ci, Veritas 2.2i. and Energy e:xl-S12.

Louis
Unregistered guest
Thanks JDG for you opinion, I'll look more into the Paradigms. Which series do you have? Is kef good a match with NAD?

Anon, where is 'elegantaudiovideo' a NAD authorized dealer? You got it for $1449?

Louis
Unregistered guest
Speaker package -

Paradigm studio 40 main, ADP470 surround, cc470 center and pw2200 sub. $2800+

PSB Image 2B main, 1B surround, 9c center and 5i sub $1200+

Dynaudio 52 main, 42 surround, 42c center and 20A sub. $1200+

B&W 602 s3 main, 601 s3 surround, LCR60c center and ASW675 sub. $1500+

Kef 2005.2 $1200+

JM LAB Chorus package $1200

which package do you think is a good match with NAD T773? How about the prices? I'm thinking of $1500+- is better. Have you got any other package in mind which is good ?

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 235
Louis,

I cannot comment on all of the speaker choices you listed as I have not heard all of them paired with NAD. However, I have heard Paradigm and PSB paired with NAD, and both are simply awesome! Both are very warm and detailed and bring out the clarity of the NAD even more. Sonically, Paradigm and PSB are very similar. I own an NAD T762 paired with almost the exact PSB setup you mention, and I absolutely love it. Dollar for dollar, the PSB Image series are some of the best speakers out there.

Awhile back, I got the chance to listen to an NAD T753 paired with some KEF 5Q-A's, and I had mixed feelings about the combo. I really enjoyed the sound of this combo on the movie tracks we sampled, but I was not satisfied with the sound on music tracks. To my ears, on the music, the sound was a little on the bright side, and some of the detail was lost. The sound of the music was kind of "dampened" in some parts.

I have not heard the combo myself, but one of the "regulars" around here, Hawk, raves often about the NAD/Dynaudio combo. He has an NAD T753 paired with some Dynaudio speakers and seems to enjoy it very much.

I have also heard good things about the NAD/B&W combo and the NAD/KEF...but once again, I have never heard the combo myself.

Really, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the combos I listed above. I cannot comment on the JM Lab combo you listed as I have never heard it before.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 20
louis - where are you finding that price for paradigm studios - seems very good. thanks.

Louis
Unregistered guest
Johnny, really appreciated your opinion. Thanks.

Bigfan, one of my friend who sell Paradigms in Texas can get me that price, but I dont think I'm going to get it, cost too much. Have you seen any good price anywhere else ?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 21
no, best i have found is 10% off msrp, at nyc dealer.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 319
My vote for speakers goes to the Dynaudio's. Just incredible speakers and perfect for NAD. Can't do better IMO.

Bronze Member
Username: Gatt767

Malta

Post Number: 19
Just remember that Dynaudio have a very low ohmage rating, basically they are all rated at 4 ohms. The bookshelf design are highly rated but the floor stands are quite expensive to what they offer when compared to other designs from other brands. Therfore I would audition before deciding!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 323
Do not worry about the Dynaudio 4 ohm rating. The 773 will drive them with ease. You should audition as many speakers as possible with your own music and movies. Have fun with it; it's a great way to spend a day.

Username: Newfie

Post Number: 3
I Have both NAD & B&W in my home system and can attest to the two complementing each other. I'm very pleased with the sound quality in both stereo and movie formats. I have a modest system, but it works well together.

You,re obviously looking in the high end of NAD. The higher end B&W speakers I have auditioned would be a great addition to the T773.

NAD T752
NAD T513
B&W DM303

Louis
Unregistered guest
I going to arrange audition for the Dynaudio, and the Paradigms packages, cant wait to do it. Will keep updating.

Louis
Unregistered guest
Audition for Dunaudio and Paradigms studio, I like both, but prefered Dynaudio over Paradigms, cos of the prices *__^.

Going to tryout B&W after easter. Happy Easter everyone.

Username: Blues

Just listend to Dynaudio's brand new Audience 52 Special Edition at a local Philly Hi End shop. Nice, but I didn't think they were worth the price. This place had 16 plus rooms of hi end audio/video set ups!! AV Nirvana. Soundex in Willowgrove PA. Very friendly and helpful too.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 467
Blues:

What are they asking for the 52SEs? I have never asked.

Louis
Unregistered guest
Already place order for T773, but dont know which speaker package should I go for, can anyone advice??? Thanks

kendrid
Unregistered guest
elegantaudiovideo is NOT authorized. Their own website states that they do all warranty work 'in house'. I'd stay far away.

Kendrid
Unregistered guest
I forgot to mention that I just purchased a T753 from Yawaonline (authorized). I bought a T762 refurb from them but it was DOA. After about 3-4 minutes it would lock up and the screen would blink/flash.

I am a bit nervous about the 753 with the current threads about humm/hiss. Yawa is currently out of stock and getting new units later this week. I am hoping since it is from a new batch of receivers that it will have the 'capacitor upgrade' and the hiss/hum will not be present.

Username: Patron

Post Number: 4
The best speakers for the NAD 773 are de KFC XQ series,XQ5, XQ2c and XQ1, color graphite to match the receiver's color.

Louis
Unregistered guest
can anymore people suggest which speaker package should I get for the T773 ???

Username: Kendrid

You need to go out and listen to speakers. No one here can tell you what you will like.

There are many brands. Paradigm, B&W, Definitive, PSB, Dynaudio, Snell...
Online there are ACI, Onix (av123), Axiom....

John Ransom
Unregistered guest
Anyone use the T773 with Thiel speakers? I have a pair of Thiel 1.6 and I'm thinking of getting a T773.

Username: Patron

Post Number: 8
Hello all

Owners of NAD T773 please listen to the Canton Speakers(Ergos) these speakers are built to be used with NAD T773. The sound is just...no words.

Username: Brazilian

Sao Paulo, SP Brasil

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have a clue if combining T773 with Boston`s VR speakers (they are rated 90dB sensitivity and 8 Ohms). My front VR have an active sub each, central is OK till 80 Hz, surround are dipole THX and back sorround are CR75. I need your expertise and previous experience to choose a 7.1 receiver with input to 2 subs like NAD to plug a Denon 2900 universal DVD. Does Rotel, Marantz, JVC, Pioneer match these speakers better ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us