Itunes not playing music...pleeeease help!!!

Username: Lisag

Post Number: 1
my friend tried to copy all my music from itunes onto her sony mp3 player (by installing her software on my laptop). I'm not exactly sure what she did, but I think it involved copying it into a file and exporting it into the sonic stage program. However, this didnt work BUT now all my music in itunes will not play (although it is all still there)..when i click on it it says that the original file can not be located.

I hope this makes sense and if anyone can help i'll be eternally gratefull..am rubbish with computers!!! Thank-you.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3737
first find out where the music files are. As soon as you determine that, we can go from there.
GO!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3738
finding out where the music files are located in your library is very important so that iTunes can reach it and let it play. If it was imported or transferred somewhere else, we need to configure iTunes to know where to look.

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny,

thanx alot for your help, but i've searched the whole of my hard drive and can't find the files anywhere. when i look in the itunes info for each file, "where" is "not availiable". think am gonna have to take it into a shop to try to sort it. Thanx anyway!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3765
You are telling me that your friend erased all the music in your PC?

The problem here is that when your friend imported the songs to sonic stage the file extension probably got changed or converted and your iTunes cannot recognize them.

What needs to happen is to configure iTunes to be able to recognize these music files. That is why I want you to locate them without using iTunes.

Post Number: 3
Hi Berny,

have definatly done a whole search of my hard drive and my music files are definatly not stored anywhere on the computer. If this is the case, have i actually lost all my music and need to start again?!! thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 3784
You need to get your "former" friend back and ask what the heck they did to your music.

It usually gets refiled somewher else, the trick is knowing where to look.

Have you tried opening sonic stage?

Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to get itunes to connect? I keep getting the message ----network connection reset make sure connection is active and try again. I have been fighting with this all day. I can access itunes and look and listen but it won't let me down load.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3971
Lisa
How is it going?

gkitunesissue,
Why don't you start your own thread instead of hijacking this one? Then we'll see what we can do for you!

Anonymous

please help...I can download my music from itunes to ipod and other devices but the music will not play on the computer. What am I doing wrong. Nothing I do seems to get a peep out of the program, although I do see the little horn by the selection indicating it is playing. Anyone with ideas?

Anonymous

please help...I can download my music from itunes to ipod and other devices but the music will not play on the computer. What am I doing wrong. Nothing I do seems to get a peep out of the program, although I do see the little horn by the selection indicating it is playing. Anyone with ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us