Athena Point 5 vs. Fluance SX-HTB

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 333
wow, both of these are extremely cheap for composing of 5 speakers each. which would be the best buy. the fluance comes with 2 tower speakers unlike the athena. also the fluance system is about $80 cheaper. im edging toward the fluance but ive heard the athenas might produse better sound?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3744
Did you hear it from other people say that one is better than the other or have you actually heard the .5s for yourself? You will be the only one who can tell which one is better. You have to rely on your own ears. They sound different, and considering the physical differences are only part of the equation.

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
or i could go with like 4 asperion B1 bookshelfs. i would prefere to hear all of these myself but i live in Bozeman,MT and there are no stores here that allow me to hear anything. where do you guys go to test things?
this is why im trying to get as much input as i can, i probably wont get the point 5's. so now i have to decide between 4 bookshelfs+a center or the fluance system.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 472
db, A Bozeman man, huh.

Is there a Vanns anywhere near you? I know there's one in Missoula and another in Kalispell.

Vanns may have some options to listen to and you could order the Asperions, you get a free 30 day trial and I believe they pay shipping both ways. I suspect that the Asperions would be a better sound than either of your initial choices but I haven't hear the Fluance. (I did listen to a 5.1 set up of the Athenas BUT it was at BB and the listening conditions were horrible.)

However, I agree with Berny, you need to hear them if possible. How about Thirty Ear Hi Fi or do they only carry the really upscale stuff?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3749
db-bass,
The way you are going, you are not really going to narrow anything down are you?

You probably won't be happy with anything you chose as long as you hear someone else saying something else.

Good luck on your chase, don't take too long or you'll miss out on what is really important. Enjoying your choices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
no we used to have one. now i have another reason to move to a larger city, just waiting to graduate. im thinkin ill have to wait on ordering since i have no way to test listen. we dont even have a circut city or best buy. but we do have a strip club, so i guess its not that bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 3754
There you go. Evaluate what they use in the strip club:-) heh!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us