Onix Rockets & Swan Divas - Please check this Thread

Bronze Member
Username: Raks

Post Number: 48
All,

I need your opinion and suggestions about these Internet Direct Speakers sold by www.AV123.com

Onix Rockets RS550/750/850/1000
RSC200 (Big foot) Center Speaker

Swan Diva 6.1, Swan C3

If you happen to check www.avsforums.com , you will see lots of folks posting about Onix Rockets as the cheapest way to Music Nirvana. Also Onix Rockets RSC200 center channel speaker is quoted to be better than center channel speakers costing more than $5,000. Swan Diva 6.1 are usually compared to B&W 704 and they say it is even better.

But I have never seen anyone on this forum talking about those speakers. So I wanted to see whether anyone on this forum has ever used these internet direct speakers and if so how do they perform ? Are those lofty claims really true ?

Thanks
Raks

Silver Member
Username: Audioholic

Post Number: 114
Have heard good things about Onix speakers from many folks, but never heard them personally. Swan is a brand name i'm not familiar with.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
wow...Are these brands this bad..?...No one has posted any comments on them....I see so manu audiophiles posting here...No one even heard of them....?

Raks

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 473
Nope!

Bronze Member
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 45
I've only heard the Rocket's 550 and 750. I like the 550 and don't care for the voicing of the 750.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Quinn,

Finally i found one person who said he heard them. Do you mind descibing the way they sound ? (Bright, Laidback or somewhere in between ) ?

Are they Musical ? How about their HT performance ?

Finally..>Do you think they can compare with brands like B&W and Paradigm ?

Thanks
Raks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
The 550 is neutral and the 750 is laid back. The 550 I would compare to the Paradigm Studio 100. 750 is being replaced by the 760 which is supposed to be voiced more like the 550s. From what I read the 850 and 1000 are supposed to be voiced more like the 550 than the 750.

I'm not a B&W fan. I think you pay a premium for having the B&W name on them. I am not up on any of B&W's current offerings.

Have you tried the av123.com forum to see if anyone in your area will let you come listen to their Rockets? Swans may be on audioenvy.com for arranging a listen.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 875
Rakesha,both brands are just as good as anyonelse,Onix have a huge following behind them,all their speakers use the Vifa ring tweeter(xt-25) which is a very sweet sound,If you read about the tweeter the Audio Phycics Virgo 3 uses it and they cost $7k,Quinn is right the 550s are a extrodinary bargain, they have gotten some very impressive reviews in the last 2 months,they are very good speakers better than most of the speakers,thats talked about on this forum.The only drawback mail order,but it enables them to put more into the speakers parts instead of spending the money on advertising or overhang and dealer costs,and build quality on the Onix are increadible for the money,I would buy them over a lot of speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Tawaun,

Thanks for letting me know your opinion. Here are some conflicts going on in my mind:

1. Is Rocket RS550 Better than RS750 Signature both musically and in HT (or) is it ust Home Theater ?

2. If I have the options of going with Onix Rockets RS550/RS750, Totem Arros, Totem Staff, B&W 703, Swan Diva 6.1, Revel Concerta F12, Spendr's S5e, Quad 22L, Pro Ac Studo 130/140, Linn Ninka, DynAudio Audience 72, DynAudio Focus ....Price not being the factor, please let me know the order of preference for both Musicality and HT. I am going to audition remaining of these this saturday.

3. Folks say that Totem Arros (or) Staffs use DynAudio woofer. If this is the case, Will DynAudio be better than Totems ?

Thanks

Raks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Tawaun,

In particular...can you compare the sound of Rocket RS550 / RS750 with Totem Arros / Dream Catchers ? I like Totems a lot for their Musicality.

Quinn comapred the sound of RS550 to Paradigm Studio 100. For me Paradim Studios are more bas heavy and very good fit for HT. but for music they dont have the quality of Totem. But quinn is also saying RS750s are more laid back. Can you please let me know how they sound compared to Totems ?

Thanks
Raks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Quinn,

I tried to get auditions of Rockets through audioenvy.com But no one responded to my request. Is there anything on AV123.com for requesting audition ?

Thanks
Raks

Anonymous

ignore paul. He hasn't gotten his weekly A S S H U M P I N G.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
I'm not familiar with the Totems but it sounds like you like them. If you like them that much sounds like you've found your speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Tawaun,
Can you answr my question about totems comparision to DynAudio ?

Thanks
Raks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us