Got my Dayton 12" today...

Bronze Member
Username: Lawk

Post Number: 14
Showed up today at my office. Will be reposting in this thread later when i get it home and hooked up. Even though the Partsexpress packing material consisted merely of foam corners and a thin cardboard box, the unit itself made its journey without a flaw. They should really re-pack it using foam pillars as well as the corners as the box got pretty well mashed in that area.

The finish on it is pretty cool looking, almost evil. Anyway i'll see if it makes any sound in just a few hours. hehe

Bronze Member
Username: Black05hemi

So Cal

Post Number: 18
Yeah, the packing is terrible...I'm getting my replacement on Monday...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Ok so im a little hung over and i cant wait to get home from work so i can play with my new sub. This thing really suprised me. For the price, it is an amazing unit.

For music its a little rough, but that can be attributed to the fact that my speakers aren't here yet and im using my old tiny Sony's from my HTIB.

For DVD's and escpecially video games, this thing rocks. I just got Battlefied 2(if anyone knows or cares) and the tank engines shake my entire house.

BTW i am a stereo noob and i went to this sub from a measily sony 100w from a htib, but my ears dont lie. I am 100% satisfied with the overall performance and value.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I just noticed this thing is buzzing at low volume. Not a long buzz, but one that is consistent with the audio. I think the sub may be damaged.

Silver Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 397
Darn!

Dayton is zero for two on this list.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Well, the buzzing worsened until the sub was inaudible. Ithink the voice coil somehow came loose. I didnt even turn the thing up half way. It sounded great for about 8 hours. It goes back to PE today for a refund.

I am now considering a higher end sub. I guess you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Silver Member
Username: Devils_advocate

Post Number: 286
Ouch. Sorry to hear that Lawk.

Did you get the speakers yet by any chance?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Yeah, got the model sixs pair today. Haven't hooked them up yet, but the packing was much better so i am hoping these will be in perfect working order. They look great anyway. I'll post on them in the speaker section when i get em up and audible.

Yeah, i am extremely dissapointed with Partsexpress and Dayton. Its okay though because I am on my money saving way to a VTF from HSU. Hopefully the vtf-3 MK2. It all depends on how much longer i can listen to my Sony 100w sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
BTW, I am trying to decide between the Acoustech H-100 and something HSU. I do 50/50 music and HT. I know the HSU vtf line offers much more customizable sound, but the acoustech appears to be a good quality sub for the price. Plus i have auditioned the H-100 and liked it a lot. I just didnt hear it play any music and i have heard the HSU excels in both HT and Music.

Silver Member
Username: Devils_advocate

Post Number: 296
I have to say HSU's solid reputation and service has swayed me towards their products when the time comes for me to get a new sub. However, not having heard any I wouldn't be able to verify all the hype.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us