NAD or Marantz receivers without the digital audio delay???

Unregistered guest
I have a Marantz SR 6200 and its such a hassle to live with the digital audio delay. Each time I try to listen to tracks on a CD or DVD player connected to my 6200 via a digital connection, the Marantz repeatedly cuts off the beginning of songs. Frustrating. I've heard that this happens with lots of other receivers too, including newer NAD and Marantz, as well as Yamaha receivers. I understand its a particular chip being used.

Anybody have experience with an NAD or Marantz receiver which does not have this problem?

thanx for any info

Chris

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 526
It is a problem inherent in digital processors that have to detect, and then switch, between different possible formats on the disc. That takes time.

If it bothers you, one thing to do is stick with one format for multiple playings. If you watch a movie in, say, DTS, then put in a regular CD, all the player knows is there is another 12 cm disc in there.

It has to ask a few questions, like "Is this disc exactly the same as the last one?"

"If 'yes', I will assume my owner wishes for the same format as last time, but must be ready to change if he tells me".

"If 'no', then let me see, what is the best format available on this disc? DVD-A? SACD? DTS? CD? Dolby Digital (if so, which?)? MP3?". That list goes on and on if you consider video formats, too, right down to Kodak picture format and JPEG.

The other thing to do is stick with analogue input for CD.

Then, good CD recordings mostly have at least several seconds of lead-in time. So complain to the disc manufacturer.

Modern receivers do lots of wonderful things, but it is not reasonable to expect them to read your mind!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us