Best AV reciever less than $500 - Another Newbie Question

Username: Uilleann

Post Number: 1
I want to up grade from the Sony STR DE545 receiver that I have now. My budget is @ $500. I will use it mostly for DVD's and HDTV. But I also use it for music. My speakers are a mix of 1979 Klipsh Heritage Heresy Speakers (FL&R) and new reference series surround, center, and subwoofer speakers. I will probably get one more surround to fill out my room better.

So any advice? From my internet research it looks like Yamaha, Denon, and Harmon Cardon look like good brands??

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2223
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=4559745&search=yamaha+rx v+1500

You cant go wrong with this receiver.

Anonymous

yeah Bob the yamahas are like great, like i love how they sound when i like watch such cool films like "the incredibles" and like vin diesel and other cool cool stuff. like I mean its so cool to sit and listen to all those like cool explosions and like car chases and gunshots and like kicks and punches dude man like that yamaha is just so like state of the art like i don't know how else to describe it except like its just like so so so cooooooooooool.

like, rock on!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1787
Anonymous, are you in any way related to Paul?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2227
Eddie,
I never pay any mind to the many idiot anonymous's roaming this board. I tend to lump them all into the same heap of crap, and disregard anything they say. If they're too lazy to make up a unique moniker, they're not worthy of response.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1794
okay, I couldn't tell if he was serious or not. Very convincing imitation of a Valley Girl there!

Bronze Member
Username: Black05hemi

So Cal

Post Number: 17
I would buy H/K long before looking at Yamaha...H/K's specs are accurate, Yamaha's are not...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us