Bose vs. Boston vs Cambridge...any others?

bdbf
Unregistered guest
I will purchase a microsystem for my bedroom alarm clock- something very small yet with enough power to wake me up every day. I don't mind the price of any of these units. I was just wondering what people's comments were regarding sound and functionality. I am well aware that I can get a much better sound for the price, but I want something that is very compact (i.e., no detachable speakers).
I have only heard the Wave system in person. Is the Boston or Cambridge that much better or do the bose bashers chime in more than the bose lovers on these boards? Any help will be much appreciated.

Username: Happyhillbilly

Post Number: 7
We have a Bose in our kitchen. People say "No Highs, No Lows, Bose" but I can hear it upstairs in my bedroom, with the door shut, on the other side of the house.

Anonymous

> People say "No Highs, No Lows, Bose" but I can hear it upstairs in my bedroom, with the door shut, on the other side of the house.

Not exactly a rousing recommendation for a $500 clock radio!

If the Wave cost $100 instead of $500 it would not get bashed all the time in these forums like it richly deserves.

Username: Stereocollector

Post Number: 1
If bass is your thing, the Cambridge is only around $350, with a built-in sub. That's lotsa bass for a small, one-piece unit. Bose is far more elegant, however. There was something about the one I owned that makes me wish I still have it. It dims with the environment, and the sound is unique. As for Boston Acoustic's version, I've not tried it. Don't buy the Cambridge, though, if you're looking for something super-sophisticated/technical. It's just small with a lot of bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us