Deciding between receivers

Puninske
Unregistered guest
I recently bought the Athena Point 5 surrounds from Best Buy for $299. That included the extra surround speaker . I want to add the HSU STF-2 subwoofer from Comp USA for $350. Then I want to buy a receiver. I was looking at HK 525 or Yamaha RXV-740 Possibly even Onyko 601 or Denon 2803.

j
Unregistered guest
try them all. i really love the yamaha sounds as well as the onkyo, denon and h/k. do an comparason test and see which one is for you.

Username: Shantao

Post Number: 3
I just got the Onkyo 601 yesterday and could not be happier. It was on sale on CC's website for 359.00, which was a decent price. I am still figuring out the sound modes, but overall I am greatly impressed with it.

Hope that helps.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 230
Puninske,

This thread was a few days old, so don't know if this will do any good or not, but Athena speakers tend toward the bright side. Thus, they should be paired with a more mellow sounding receiver in order to "tame" some of this brightness. Of the brands that you listed, Yamaha and Denon are definately on the bright side as well, and would make a very bad match with Athena speakers in my opinion. Of those listed, I think HK would be your best bet. HK has a very warm sound and have wonderful power supplies, and would pair well with Athena. The Onkyo might sound Ok but just wouldn't offer you the same power that the HK will.

For Athena, also check out NAD and Marantz receivers.

Username: Vaibhav

Post Number: 3
jamo and nad or jamo and denon
i was looking for more of neutral sound but wanted a great amount on detail.I was considering the denon avr-1804 or A corresponding nad for a 14 x 10 x10 room.I have considered the E-800 bookshelf and the E6 sur ,centre and sub.Could you please help me out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us