A sub for Aussies

Bronze Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 100
If you are an Aussie and looking for a great sub for a great price then I suggest you audition the Richter Krakatoa. 100wt rms, a 10" ultra high excursion woofer and with a frequency response of 22hz -180hz. Our room is app 8m x 8m with high ceiling and this great sub is more than enough. Great for music and HT. Reviewed as one of the best subs here under a grand at only $699.

ask121
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Whise Profunder 119A, cost about $2000, its a serious reference sub. It produces clean bass and is rated at 26-125htz, its max SPL 105dB (half space), 125 watts RMS. I listen to a lot of low frequency styles of music (Lustmord, Daniel Menche etc)and have it along side a pair of B&W 602 S2's into a NAD T752.
It is an amazing peice of equipment, if you can get to Rowville (melbourne) go check them out or go to their web site, www.whise.com.au
I have put mine through its paces and have not been dissapointed.
Enjoy.
PS. If you would like to really give your sub a work out i can advise on some good cds that extend into very low frequency ranges. One good cd is Lustmord: Purifying Fire. if you are in Melbourne go see Peter at Peril Undergound in Elizabeth st Melb.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us