Need help? Receiver to go with infinity speakers

Username: Krotzie

Marion , IA United States

Post Number: 1
Have just bought infinity alphas for center and towers, along with infinity in-walls for surround. and ps-10 sub.

Looking at the Yamaha v640 or Denon 1804.. any other suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 225
Jim,

While they are good speakers, Infinity is known to tend toward the bright side. Therefore, you will need a more mellow sounding receiver to off set some of this brightness. I would recommend HK or Marantz in the price range you are looking at.

Both Yamaha and Denon are bright sounding receivers on their own...so when they are paired with a bright speaker, the resulting sound can be very harsh and almost shrill.

Silver Member
Username: Airforceone

Post Number: 106
I went with the Infinity Primus 360 setup and when I tried the NAD T773 it sounded out of this world. I agree with Johnny, I wouldn't use a Denon or Yamaha with the Infinity's because of brightness.

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 58
Jim,

Look to the warmer sound of say a Marantz or NAD, to match up with your Infinity's. They tend to be on the bright side, and will sound very nice with either of the above.

Nice speakers BTW.

Silver Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 109
The H/K AVR 430 and 630 will match well with infinity alphas.

j
Unregistered guest
i have to agree with johnny and the rest of the people on this board. i to like yamaha but i think they are too bright. i would try the marantz sr-4400 for $399 as well as the onkyo tx-sr501 for $299 and the h/k avr 330 for $499. all are great receivers for those kinds of speakers!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us