Can I kill the fan-noise on my NAD T753

Username: Johnnen42

Post Number: 1
Hi there

I'm new in this world.
I bought a brand new NAD T753 reciever and have only incountered one minor problem. The noise from the ventilation-fan is a little high.
I have heard that other people have mentioned it, but nobody has mentioned any solution. If there is any? Can I shot some of them of, or all of them, or do I need them all running?

John A.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 212
John,

As far as I know, there is no way to shut the fans off without taking the unit apart and removing the fans altogether. Doing so would invalidate your warranty...so you probably don't want to go there. If you were to get rid of the fans, your unit would be very succeptible to heat damage as the receiver would be missing its primary cooling device! The fans are there for a reason...these receivers pump out some major power...and thus get very hot. The older NAD models do not have cooling fans...rather massive heat sinks to dissipate the heat. My NAD T762 runs silent.

Bronze Member
Username: Gatt767

Malta

Post Number: 16
Johnny both T751 and T761 older versions of NADS Home cinema receivers were installed with a Fan. The difference with the later models is that they switched on only when the heat within reached a certain level. The current receivers are installed with fans running continously, including the T762

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 60
...running continuously at a slow speed. The fan on a T7x3 should be inaudible. It's surprising that John is hearing it to the point that it's bothering him. Hmmm???

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 218
I was obviously mistaken...and I apologize. If my 762 has a fan on it, I have NEVER heard it. I thought I rememberd a thread a few months back where someone stated that NAD's older receivers had no fans...rather just large heat sinks. I just looked back...and it was HK that apparently uses no fans. I guess I should have checked into that before I opened my mouth. My bad indeed.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 72
I have heard some fan complaints around here with the Tx2 and Tx3 models. All I can say is I cannot hear my T773 fans really at all.

It's like a very very slight whisper when I put my ears up to the receiver and I probably wouldn't notice it unless I was listening for it. Very quiet.

I don't know how this would compare to the other Tx3 models.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaggu

Post Number: 17
The fan is faulty and it needs to be replaced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us