Outdoor speaker help

Bronze Member
Username: Kjrice

Post Number: 19
I need about 4 wall mount outdooor speakers that sound nice. I would prefer a neutral speaker. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3481
What have you tried?
There's not a lot of loudspeakers made out there that is meant for outdoor use and still sound really good. There will be compromises.

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 78
Of all the folks that have posted about a similar topic to this one I actually think Paul had the best idea. Go buy a boombox/portable stereo with a CD player and put it somewhere out of the way. It will not annoy your neighbors and just bring it in when you are done being outside. If you already have one then this is free to you if not then maybe $50.00 spent should buy something half decent. I hear Panasonic makes a good boombox. Our RCA is 17 years old and still sounds fairly decent for being what it is. Yeah this is not the most impressive post that you were hoping to see but heck trying to have any kind of decent musical experience without annoying all of your neighbors is nearly impossible with an outdoor system IMO. Of all the ones that I have heard the Polk series sounded decent for the $$$ when I heard them in my neighbors back yard. Sometimes he forgets that they are on and we all get to hear them. I guess I don't get the craze...

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 115
The Energy Tempest IIs sound pretty decent as well, and do offer a neutral sound. Here's a link: http://www.energy-speakers.com/v2/products/product-page.php?id=45

Britt.. the boombox idea works well, and it is a cheap way to do it. But if you want to hear the same source inside/out, you're SOL.

Bronze Member

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 80
Das true Ziggy....the thought of spending $$$ on an outdoor set of speakers just does not appear on my radar. This may change one day if I hear a pair that sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 116
I don't think I've heard any that sound "great" yet.... although the ones built into the bottom of a flower pot were definitely the best I've heard (sound best when the pot is filled with soil or sound) but $1k+/pr for outdoor speakers is waaaaaay too much for me.

Bronze Member

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 81
The best one that I saw once was a Gnome bent over mooning you and to keep it PG his rear was the speaker with a grill over it. I should have bought it as it was one of those rare EBay finds.

Bronze Member
Username: Kjrice

Post Number: 22
Ziggy wins the prize!

Hey Britt if I wanted to use a boombox, then I wouldn't have asked. Maybe your neighbors eaves almost touch yours, but I have plenty of elbow space. In addition, if I wanted to mask any noise then I will turn on my waterfall. I guess you like to hear yourself talk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us