Please Help! Which receiver would go best with JBL E90 speakers; Pioneer VSX-D912, or Yamaha RX-V740?

GJT
Unregistered guest
I have JBL E90 speakers, and I want to purchase a new receiver. I'm considering a Pioneer 912, and a Yamaha 740, however, I'm really not sure which would do the most justice for these speakers. At the same time, if neither, what receiver WOULD be the best for these speakers for both rock musuc as well as integrated into a surround sound set-up?
Thanks, Greg

riches1
Unregistered guest
JBL's tend to be on the bright side - so do Pioneer, and especially Yamaha, receivers. I own a Yamaha receiver, so I know. If it's either or, I would say go with the Pioneer. IF you are open to other alternatives, I would say look at Onkyo or Harman Kardon, which tend to be a little warmer and would "tame" the brightness of the JBL's.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 102
GJT,

I would have to agree with riches1. Best not to match a forward sounding speaker(JBL)with a bright receiver(Yamaha). You did not state a budget, but better choices would be something by Pioneer, Marantz, or Harmon Kardon. Nice warm sound to compliment the JBL's. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us