NAD Customer Support

Marc
Unregistered guest
My experience with NAD customer support so far has been less than pleasant. After many phone calls, i've basically haven't gotten anywhere in solving the "popping" problem that is occuring in my 743. I've called many time and left about 5 messages with no return calls. I've e-mailed, with no responses. On two occassions I've talked to a "tech" person, one was please (Bob Moran) and the other was worthless. With that said, and all the NAD praise that goes on here, who have people contacted at NAD to get problems solved. Names or e-mail addresses would be greatly apprciated. My local dealer hasn't been helpful, so i figure i should go right to the source.

Username: Stevetaylor

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 5
I can't believe your dealer isn't helping you. I had a problem with a T763 and the dealer offered to refund my money or replace the unit. I also got an e-mail response within a few days from nad@nadelectronics.com.

It may be that they feel it isn't the receiver but your particular setup. I would bring the receiver back to the dealer and plug it into their speakers, etc. and see if you get the same result. That's why you buy things from brick and mortar companies and spend a bit more so you can actually go there and get help.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 205
Your dealer definately should have been more helpful. I would begin there. As Steve said, take your receiver in to the dealer and see if the problem still exists. Tell the dealer that you demand a new unit or your money back. Check out the link below. Look at the post from "anonymous" of March 29, 2004, 7:33pm. Now that is how a dealer should act!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/9750.html

Marc
Unregistered guest
The problem supposedly has to deal with a static discharge from my TV. While it maybe my setup, the problem only occurs with NAD products. I have tested the Marantz 6400, Denon 2803, and H/K 225 and did not experience the problem. I've also had a television technician come 3 times, all saying the TV is operating fine. The dealer first offered to let me trade in the 743 for the 752 and 753, but after getting demo models to try at home, both experienced the same problem. The dealer is now offering me the opportunity trade up for a Arcam, but I don't see why I should have to spend a few hundred dollars more for another receiver. I've been dealing with this issue for 3 months since I bought my setup (5Ts, 8C, 1Bs, 743, and 513) trying to troubleshoot this every way possible, and at this point I have given up on NAD and just want a refund for the receiver so i can purchase a different receiver (my dealer has a limited line of products).

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 206
Marc,

It is truly unfortunate that you have had to abandon your NAD receiver. As I am sure you know, the NAD/PSB combo you had was awesome. Apparently you just had the wrong combination of audio/video comonents and electrical circuitry that lead to this problem with NAD receivers. I have an NAD T762, PSB speakers similar to what you have, and a Sony Wega flat screen (that is what you had wasn't it)...and I have none of the problems that you experienced. Call it bad luck I guess. This problem would probably only happen to maybe 1 in 100 people...and you happened to be the one it happened to.

By the way, what receiver are you thinking of getting. Those PSB speakers are pretty laid back and warm...you will have to be careful what receiver you pair with it...Pioneer Elite, HK, and probably Marantz will likely be too warm for those speakers..although Marantz is not quite as warm as the other two...might be a place to start.

Bronze Member
Username: W9cw

Post Number: 15
Call Greg Bergeron in the Tech Dept. at Lenbrook (800) 263-4641, Ext. 4241 or e-mail him at GBergeron@lenbrook.com. Maybe he can help you. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us