NHT L5 vs. Orb Audio vs. Def Tech Mythos ("on wall" help)

Username: Larson619

Roseville, CA USA

Post Number: 2
I am having issues choosing between these 3 set up's for my unique layout (no room for bookshelves anywhere). I have limited auditioning resources here in Sacto and have not been able to hear any of them in person. Orb audio customer service is awesome, but doesn't account for an audition. I listened to the Mythos center at a local spot, and I read the L5's are awesome. I would appreciate any input from current owners.

I run an Onkyo Integra 6.1 rec + 2 ch amp. I leave the dirty work to my incredible Infinity IL120 sub and do 50/50 HT and stereo.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 20
I did not audition any of the brands you are considering, but I did listen to Gallos, Kefs, Bose, and Orb. I love my Orb system and IMO feel it sounds better than any of those I listened to. You are right about the customer service - it is fantastic. I know it is hard to pull the trigger on something you can't hear first, but I was certainly not disappointed. Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 80
Orb 30 day home trial lets you hear them in your home vs. in some room at a store that won't sound the same anyhow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us