Looking for a set of speakers, not sure what the brand is

Username: Cheezel_x

Post Number: 1
in the remake of the italian job at the end you get to see 'the napsters' stereo system that he wanted to buy from the beginning, which has NAD T770 and a Burr-Brown DAC. however he dosnt state what the speakers are...

heres a capture from the dvd, i tried to make it as good as i could

h**p://flickr.com/photos/73958596@N00/33539716/

[the big middle thing is a speaker too i believe]

Bronze Member
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 24
The one in the middle is a Martin Logan. http://www.martinlogan.com/speaker_gallery.html I can't make out the others from that picture.

Username: Cheezel_x

Post Number: 2
thanks quinn!

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 797
Woo

Those Martin Logan loudspeakers, they cost an arm & a leg?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 574
Depends on which ones, the hyprid driver/electrostac retails for around $1000, and it's up from there to their pinnacle system the Statement E2 -

http://www.martinlogan.com/statement_speaker.html

which retails in the neighbourhood of $75,000,

plus components that can properly drive them to their best $$$$$

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 194
if you want the same sort of sound as martin logan but at a much more reasonable price... look into Magnepan planar speakers.

these flat panel speakers start at just $500 a pair for MMGs (i want em' soooo baaad! LOL)

i was totally converted from a 20 year diehard fan of acoustic suspension minimonitors to a planar freak when i heard a $1200 pair of maggies that had the most "invisible" midrange i'd ever heard. lighning fast... and even the rolled off bass stomps my sluggish 12" sub for QUALITY.

as a side note... if you want to see martin logans more often in video... watch "friends" one of their apartments has martin logans. how people struggling to get by in an expensive to live in city that can affors logans amazed me. it's probably the ONLY thing i know about the show oo. LOL

magnepans are THE BEST value in high end. i liked those $1200 maggies with "entry level gear" more than the shop's $20,000 B&Ws driven with another $40,000 worth of macintosh gear.

the B&Ws had more bass, treble and image specificity... but the maggies has gobs of speed and midrange coherency. they just sounded less like speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us