Yamaha RX V3300 vs RX V2500

Username: Wired_for_sound

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 9
Which is better or Worse HELP! What about the HTR5890?

Username: Wired_for_sound

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 10
My question is what product is better the Yamaha RX V3300 or the RX V2500 model?

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
Stephen,
After two days I can't believe none of the many so-called experts have not answered your question. I was waiting like you to hear their geniousness in action. For what it's worth I'll offer my take on this. First of all I have not heard the 2500 but have spent time with the 2400. I was amazed at how much better it sounded than any Yamaha I had heard for the past 15-20 years. No more brightness or sibilance. Very smooth but still a bit thin. The 2500 being the newer model has gotten even better reviews and by all accounts sounds the same but has a bit more power and several upgrades. The older 3300 is brighter and thus not to my liking. I have read that there is going to be a replacement for the 2500 soon[2600?] so you could wait for that or maybe get a good deal on the 2500. It can be had for under $650 mailorder but be careful if you go that route. The 5890 is the same as the 1500 and is missing some of the features of the 2500, my favorite being a rec out selector. If only Yamaha would make the sub active in direct mode, then they would have it about all right. In sum the 2400/2500 is a much better sounding unit that the 3300 or any similar priced Yamaha in a long, long time. I say this as a person who back in the late 70's loved Yamaha. I still have my CA-810 integrated amp from 1978.

Anoni
Unregistered guest
Agree with anonyII,

Many folks here will sound like this:

Well, it all depends, if your listeninig position is going to be like a 1/128" away from the wall you should get the 2500 but if you are like 10 feet from the same wall go for the 2400....don't forget that to really appreciate music you will need to buy your titanium interconnects which you can find cheap on audiogon for like $3000.00 / inch. and please buy the ascends

:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us