Cassette Adaptor Stuck! Please Help

Unregistered guest
I use a cassette adaptor in my car to listen to my MP3 player. Frequently, the cassette adaptor gets stuck and I have to jiggle it around with a key to get it to ejsct, but now, nothing is working. It is stuck in there. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

Post Number: 30
that's harsh. kind of like a video cassette. I usually wind up taking them apart.

try using a slim jim, or some other long thin metal strip. go underneath and just delicately poke at it. remember the cassette goes in and down on a transport. you have to find out where it is binding.

If that doesn't work I can only suggest pulling the unit or praying a lot.

nina
Unregistered guest
yea.. i have that same problem, i even tried pulling on the wire to help it out a little.... but the wire just broke off. i tried prying it out with tweezers. i tried turning the whole thing on & off, i tried pushing a butter knife (gently) underneath. nothing works.... :-( :-( :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

Post Number: 35
You may have to bite the bullet like I did and go with CD. There are few moving parts to a CD player whereas there are legion in a cassette player. Lots of stuff goes wrong.

I put all my cassette music on CD. Works so much better. love it. This is not really an answer to your question but just some friendly advice.

Unregistered guest
I just had a similar problem w/wifes cassette player in a '98 Mazda Protege. The cassette unit made a clicking sound, but the cassette would not eject. The cassette had been stuck for approx. a week before wife mentioned it. I pulled the fuse for the cars audio unit to inspect and the clicking sound stopped. When I reinstalled the fuse, the cassette popped out. I tried the same cassette 2X in & out (both sides of the cassette), and everything appeared to be back to normal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us