Best CD players under $2,000

Bronze Member
Username: Somphon

Post Number: 12
What do you think is the best CD players under $2,000 out there? Can you tell me its character? My current setup is B&W N805 and Rotel RSX1067.
I mainly listens to Diana Krall, Miles Davis, lots of Bosanova and on Sunday, lots to chills.
THX

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1437
You're in a tough spot Somphon. Your Rotel is good but not up to your B&W's standard's. I will assume by the fact that you are looking at such expensive cd players that you will replacing the Rotel someday. Otherwise a good $500-$1000 cd player should suffice. If you are keeping the Rotel receiver then the Rotel RCD-1072 would make a good match. If not I would look at the Naim CD5i and the Rega Jupiter. Let me tell you though there are a whole bunch of great players in that price range. If you want info on a players character google it with the word reviews and should find what you want. Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Somphon

Post Number: 13
Thanks Art,
Yes, I'm planning on replacing my Rotel to Krell or Bryston or if good chance comes alone, maybe secondhand Mark Levinson.
But now my CD player is not up to par with anything. I'm looking for more detail, more open sound, better soundstage.

Basically what I need is to narrow down my search so I can go and listen to it myself. No need to look at equiptment that will not go with my set up. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us