Archive through February 13, 2005

Username: And2freak

Post Number: 1
My Lyra isnt working ill put songs on there and the music wont play i just need help thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 470
are you using the right format?

suhfuahf
Unregistered guest
Your files are more than likely copy protected. Rip them again, but with the "copy protect" or "user rights management" feature turned off. That should solve this problem, though I guarantee you that you WILL have a shitload of problems with this thing in a month or two. ;)

Unregistered guest
my profiler isnt working
it says embeded profiler error

Anonymous

Hello, I have a Lyra RD1071 I got it for Christmas '03 and it had been working fine using the Musicmatch software until recently. Now when I connect the Lyra Musicmatch does not seem to recognize that it is connected. I have installed the upgrade with no luck? What might the problem be? Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I am having problems formatting the SD card in my Lyra.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1085
make sure that the "protection" tab on the sd card is not on.
Erase all the data using your pc then reformat using the lyra.

Unregistered guest
HELP . . . After I used up my internal memory on my RCA LYRA I added a 256 memory card but when I cannect USB it still says I have no space available - It isn't realizing that the memory card is giving the system more memory . . . Is there something I need to do before I send music to the external memory card???? The LYRA works great I just can't seem to get the new 256 memory card working . . . PLEASE HELP . . . I have a library of CDs waiting to be installed. . . THANKS

Unregistered guest
HELP . . . After I used up my internal memory on my RCA LYRA I added a 256 memory card but when I cannect USB it still says I have no space available - It isn't realizing that the memory card is giving the system more memory . . . Is there something I need to do before I send music to the external memory card???? The LYRA works great I just can't seem to get the new 256 memory card working . . . PLEASE HELP . . . I have a library of CDs waiting to be installed. . . THANKS

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
what do the instructions say?

Anonymous

this is my 1st time having an mp3 player and im not that good with computers i instaled all the things needed for my lyra mp3 player and when i turn on my player the usb cable is connected but i cant seem to get the lyra personal audio player to come up! how do i pull it up?!?!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1387
Do you have a new icon after you installed the program for the lyra? you should have a new icon for the new program...click on that and you should be in business. Or you could go to programs and look for the new program that pops up. Follow the prompts...it shoul dbe asking to scan for music and such...

Unregistered guest
Please help. lyra rd1071 works fine. sd mem cd 128mb doesn't work when inserted with lyra off and then turned on. I have latest firmware download installed properly v1.607.
When disconecting from usb port all the songs are there,internal and mem cd. Then I shut it off and go to turn it back on with card in and it only recognizes internal and not card. Card symbol is NOT flashing and is lit up.
1 thing is I can not format memory card using thge lyra, as "format media" does not show up. I properly installed everything then went for updates and like I said running the latest revision. But no where can I find to "format media" using the lyra. Only thing that is there when I go to start/programs/lyra personal audio player/ is "uninstall" and "update device". So i reformatted with computer FAT32 I choose.
If I can solve this problem without sending lyra back (because I will trash it before I waste anymore money on it) I will send you (the person who can make this work for me) a little something from my book store, namely a poker book snce that is what I sell. Thank you in advance I hope.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1458
Have you tried formatting or reading the card with a memory card reader?
Have you considered that the memory card is corrupt, from the way you describe it, sure seems corrupt.

The SD memory card is also equipped with a lock mechanism. Are you sure you don't have this thing on?

go check!

Unregistered guest
Hi and thanks for the reply, I really do appreciate the hlep Berny and see you respond to many on here. This gets very fustrating to say the least.
That's was my next step to exchange the memory.
Don't have a card reader. I checked the lock mechanism. Was thinking it was the xray at airport but people tell me no-same memory as a digital camera and there is no problem.
But alas I replaced the battery and all works fine now. What puzzles me is the other battery had maybe only 2 hours of use and is fresh and a top notch battery-Rayovac maximum plus. My son tells me to try a stronger battery designed for use in a device like this. If anything else comes out of this that might halp anyone else I will follow up again and post. Thx once again, Mike
And yes I keep promises if you send me your address (hope you live in USA because freight is unreal to other countries)through my e-mail I will send you out poker book(Poker Nation (hardcover) by Andy Bellin). You can also address it to my company e-mail Mike@PokerGurus.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1468
I'm glad it worked out for you!
It is a good idea to get a memory card reader specially if you are doing a lot of transfers to and from the memory card. It draws no power from your player and lengthens the play time.
cheers

Barry
Unregistered guest
RCA Lyra RD1071A, IBM thinkpad 600E with win 98 se os. think pad sees the lyra and i can xfer songs if i drag and drop with win explorer, but music match indicates no external devices. Removed mmatch, and lyra sw, reinstalled, same. downloaded drivers from rca web site, same. Looking for ideas. Thanks, Barry

Mike V
Unregistered guest
Thought I would pass this along. Went to Office Max to look at card readers. I bought one. 29.99 - instant rebate of 19.99 and mail in rebate of 10.00 = FREE worked out well :-) Thanks once again for helping people. mike

Anonymous

According to this site:
http://sdprob.aximsite.com/theproblemlist.htm#Motorola%20MPx200%20Smartphone

Some SD cards are incompatible with some devices, and at the bottom it says that a certain SD card is incompatible with the RCA Lyra. That might be the problem for some of you.

Unregistered guest
Hi!

I cannot seem to play my new songs I downloaded to my RCA Lyra. My old songs are fine, but when the new songs are ready to play, the player just skips through all the new songs and returns back to the beginning. For example I have 20 songs total (13 old 7 new). The 13 play find, the 7 new songs just skip through. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Hi!

I cannot seem to play my new songs I downloaded to my RCA Lyra. My old songs are fine, but when the new songs are ready to play, the player just skips through all the new songs and returns back to the beginning. For example I have 20 songs total (13 old 7 new). The 13 play fine, the 7 new songs just skip through. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1495
Check the properties of the new songs if they are copyright protected or if they are in the proper format.

ThomasC
Unregistered guest
Im having troubles too, i have the RD1071 (128mb with 256mb lexar expansion) recently the track count dipped down to 92 tracks from 154.. WTF. i popped out the expansion and to my horror 5 tracks!?! I connected it to my computer and tried to open the built in card. wouldnt work "I/O device error." after a few minutes of swearing at it i thought things through and formatted the device. All was well, i could connect again. i filled up the built in card and unplugged it. Nope, 0 tracks. Whats the deal? i can plug the player into my computer and see the tracks, even play them off of the player. But it wont play them on its own. what should i do?? Im not sure if thes has to do with anything but when i push play it says "00 Tracks Total" then goes to the main playing stuff window and in the song title bar it has an "i"

Trev
Unregistered guest
Hey,
I have a rca lyra rd1020 i got it a few years back.. and well.. Like ive been using the 64mb chip.. and i thought why not go get something bigger.. so i got a 128 and.. I cept having trouble with it.. i would put songs on there and then it wouldnt work.. it would show that there there.. so i removed them and they wouldnt remove.. said to run disk chek. and i did.. diddnt help any.. so i re formatted.. and it faild on the format.. now i cant even see it.. like i plug it in and it never shows up on my computer.. but when i take out the card it shows up?? I am confussed.. please help! please!

Trev
Unregistered guest
I fixed it!.. I just used windows.. pro edition.. and formated it with that.. but the other problems are still there.. like the music i through on it.. is all skippy sounding.. and its not a bad file.. cause i through it on the 64 mb chip and it works fine.. hmm??...

chris235234
Unregistered guest
ok i got a new computer and my cd had been broken is there any way i cna download the preogram somewere or use send music to my mp3 player wethout the program?

nick123123
Unregistered guest
My RCA Lyra wont turn on at all and its not the batteries, what do i do?

Unregistered guest
I'm thinking of returning my new rca lyra because i can't seem to make a playlist on it. I pick "add to favorites" and it says "no audio tagged." also I hooked it too my tv and its got tons of static. I was really excited about this little tool, but I'm thinking they haven't really invented what they advertise. Any comments would help.

Unregistered guest
I'm some what profitient with computers. I installed my MPR RCA Lyra model 1071 A, but every time I try to turn it on my computer can't find it. I have windows XP. Please help.

Cheech
Unregistered guest
I formated my RCA and card through my computer and now it says (I) in the title bar, and it says 0 tracks. what do i do, how do i make it work again?!?!

Unregistered guest
I recently went to turn on my 20GB lyra after a month or so of inactivity and realized that everything worked but the screen. I can't see anything! Has anybody else had this problem? I emailed the rca help and still haven't gotten an answer.

Unregistered guest
i got no sound and its not the headphones.

Frustrated in kingston
Unregistered guest
Help..just purchased sandisk SD memory card 256mb for lyra 1071. when i try to load songs onto it, my computer crashes and says "please insert disk no name ser # blah blah in drive I" why is it doing this and how do i get it to work

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyre RD 1090. Can anyone please tell me how to re-formatt the darn thing? There are no directions in the owner's manual. My wife has been trying to remove songs and cannot seem to do so. When plugged into the computer (Mac osx) there appears to be no song titles on it. Can someone please offer up the solution? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I had the RCA LYra 1071 mp3 for a year now and it just crashed on me. the buttons dont work and the computer doesnt recognize it...in other words its dead. is there a way to bring it back to life?? HELP!!!!

Unregistered guest
I had the RCA LYra 1071 mp3 (128MB one) for a year now and it just crashed on me. the buttons dont work and the computer doesnt recognize it...in other words its dead. is there a way to bring it back to life?? HELP!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA 2012 (256mb), gave it to my son on Monday. Loaded some files, it worked fine. Yesterday go to add some more songs and it didn't recognize them. Deleted all the songs on it, so we could start fresh. It isn't recognized any longer and shuts off immediately when you plug in the usb connect. (tho the screen sez usb connected,the program doesn't recognize it).

I have re installed the software, put in several sets of new batteries, cussed at it incessantly, any other ideas short of sending it back?

Unregistered guest
What should i do?? Im not sure if thes has to do with anything but when i push play it says "00 Tracks Total" then goes to the main playing stuff window and in the song title bar it has an "i"

Thanks any comments !!

Username: Gama

LompocUS

hey sup i just got my mp3 and my dom brother chang the format and i dont know how to put it back in to its original format
if u know how please HELP me

Unregistered guest
hey please help me PLEASE!!!! I have a RCA Lyra RD1021 And i have the USB pulged in, It says that it isnt hooked up even when i install the updates. But the screen of the player it says USB connected. Why cant the computer read this HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Hally
Unregistered guest
I REALLY need somebody's help on this. I have an RCA Lyra 1071 and a few days ago, it just stopped functioning. When turned out, it'd simply say "00 Total Track" even though it's full of songs, pressing the "next" button would make it show "223 00:00". wtf? It still functions as flash memory and the files stay in it fine, but it won't play anything's wrong. How can I change the firmware on it? Any suggestions?

Username: Jay05215

Munfordville, CA USA

Hi I just got a Lyra mp3 player. I have everything done accept formatting my 128 mb memory chip. I need help doing so please help thx...

purebeach77
Unregistered guest
My Lyra 1090 is stuck in fast forward. and i dont know why. is there something i can do or should i just return it?

womi
Unregistered guest
I have an RD1020. To make it work, I must take out the batteries and re-install them. The player shows that these batteries are at full power. I can turn it on and off and on again after I re-install the batteries but if I don't use the player for a day, I must play with the batteries again. What up with this?

Unregistered guest
Hi

I just got the Lyra 1071A, and it works just fine. I put a 1GB SD card on it, and does not seem to recognize all the songs in the card ( it reaches around 164 songs), probably it is only reading around 400 MB of the extra memory in the card.

Do you know if there is a limit for the memory that you can add?

Thank you

Fernando

Unregistered guest
Hi

I have this "I/O device error." thing when i'm connecting lyra to my computer, what would help ? computer just dont recognize it...

unregistered guest
Unregistered guest
is this a joke?

does rca have a support channel?

i have an I/O device error. only had the thing a month. and now can't even access it. at all.

KG
Unregistered guest
Hey I have a Rca Lyra RD1028A and i have everything I can have installed on my computer and I go to musicmach and make my playlist. My player is plugged in and everything and it says usb connected. But when I go to put on my player it says attach and power on player when it already is attached and powered on. If It helps I have windows xp home edition.

Anonymous

Hi, I own an RCA Lyra RD1071. It was working fine until about two days ago when i tried t turn it on and nothing happened. I've tried switching batteries but the player will still not turn on. Thanks for you help and please reply back soon.

B3
Unregistered guest
Hey I have a RCA Lyra RD1071. It's worked fine until about two days ago when I tried to turn the player on and nothing happened. I then tried a brand new battery but still had the same problem. I've never had this problem with this mp3 player since I first bought it in the summer. Please reply ASAP.

If it helps, I use Energizer batteries.

Anonymous

Hi guys, not very technological here but I was doing ok with my RCA Lyra til I tried to figure out how to make playlists--not on my computer, but on the Lyra itself. How do I do this?? thanks!

aaron firefly
Unregistered guest
need a driver for lyra 1021. can anybody help?

redanimepimp
Unregistered guest
need help with the lyra 2011. put a song that isnt corrupted and now my computer doesnt detect giving me a I/O Device error and when I turn it on it turns right off. if anybody could help me out plz email at redanimepimp@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! Hi i have a RCA LYRA1021 and I just recently bought a 1 gb sd card made by lexar. I put the card in, hooked it up, went to drag songs in and it will say i need an additional ammount of space. Its as if it is not even recognizing my sd card. Is there anything i have to do to it before i put my card in. oh and by the way i have mac os 9.6 and my email address is www.pepsi_boy28@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Well I am about to stomp on the RCA1028. It will not recognize the player in musicmatch... I have downloaded the plug in and nothing.... the disk that I recived with it only had plug-ins and Music match on it? will this be okay as I am not sure where the actual Lyra software loads to unless this is packaged in the drivers? Ugh... this is so frustrating....

BigBri
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I'm looking for the software that comes wih the RCA Lyra RD1021. I bought the player used and need the app. for formatting my SD card. Could anyone send it to me? RCA doesn't have it for download.
Thanks,
Brian
duyn@sympatico.ca

opp
Unregistered guest
after i delete songs on the lyra by using the media player i can't rid the song title please help me

Unregistered guest
Help! My RCA lyra 1080 wont work with any computer!I have windows xp and every time i plug it in i get the same "usb device not recongnized" I need a driver and cant fine one, not even on the rca web site.
plz email me with some help!

Unregistered guest
ps my email address is kb7pkl@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Help, I need help with my rca lyra 1080, i have windows xp an all i get is a "usb device not recongnized" i need a driver and cant find one even on their web site, the cd it came with has none. plz email me at hotice1010@aol.com

Username: Drknob

Post Number: 2
I found the driver on the site...
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD1080

Cheers,
Aidan

Username: Drknob

Post Number: 3
I found the driver on the site...
www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD1080

Cheers,
Aidan

Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 2012.. Currently when I turn it on it says NO FILES. it flashed between this and the filed screen no buttons will work other the to stop it flashing for a seconds. I have tried the drivers...I have reformated it.. I'm running out of options? anyone have any idea whats going on. I got two and only happened to one. I did a profile this eve on the Lyra itself and this has been happening ever since? It will play music only if you hold a button other wise is fast forwards through. Any suggestions welcome.

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone,
I'm curious to see if anyone is having the same problems as I am. Here goes.

When I try to use my SD card it operates properly, ie songs play from the card. However, when copying songs to the card, I can only fill it about half way then it tells me that its full. If I check the properties sheet its shows that its a 1gb card and it shows half full. If I use an external card reader it will fill completely no problem. I upgraded to the 1.607 version of firmware, and still no luck. Can anybody help me?

Username: Etharp

LasCruces, NM USA

I bought my son a Lyra 2012, it worked fine at first, then he downloaded more songs and now it only displays "RCA" on the screen. And it doesn't play music. Help!

Username: Psarlayh

New York, NY USA

I loaded songs onto a 256 SD memory card. The computer shows the files on the card, but the LYRA 1071 does not read any of the songs.

womi
Unregistered guest
Hello, Everyone!

We need to direct our questions to the RCA site. Lots of problems but no solutions. RCA must step up to the plate. They must stand behind their products!

Unregistered guest
I bought a 1G memory card and inserted it into my lyra rd 1090. When I plug it into a USB port on my computer I'm seeing the memory card but not the internal memory of the mp3 player. Should I be seeing both the 1G memory card and the internal memory of the mp3 player at the same time? If so, any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

campy37
Unregistered guest
Whenever I load songs onto my RCA Lyra RD1020, the first song (regardless of what it is) plays fine and the rest of the songs freeze up. I'm using Musicmatch to load them. I've tried formatting it and it still does that. Any suggestions?

4s
Unregistered guest
Dewb:

If the card is inserted, Windows sees that. If not, it sees the internal memory on the Lyra. If you are connected by USB and have no card inserted, you have to make sure you disconnect USB, insert the card, then reconnect the USB cable for Windows to see the card.

Username: Beau

Hello 4s I am unable to erase all or part of my music in my Lyra RD2840A do you have any solutions you seem to know alot about this.

Unregistered guest
I bought a used lyra 1071, the person I bought it from said that he lost the disk, but I could get it online...lmao. Anyone know where I can get at least a downloadable version. So I can use this.... Please
asrc69@hotmail.com

boogily
Unregistered guest
For those 1GB'ers having problems, I've read that some Lyra's won't recognize more than 400 songs even if it will hold more.

Having 4 Lyra's in our house has allowed some experimentation. We have a couple of 1021's that we added Lexar 64MB card to and one that we didn't. Worked fine, no problem. Bought generic 128MB cards for Christmas for all three. The 128's will work in the one that never had a card in it before. It won't work in the one's that had the 64.
Interesting theory so I decided to test it on my 1071 which has never had a card in it. Put the 128 in and it worked fine. Put the Lexar64 in and it worked fine. Put the 128 back in and nada. Apparently there's a problem with swapping SD cards, at least with Lexar 64's.

Good luck getting help from RCA's website. Pretty lame technical support.

Unregistered guest
did anyone have any luck with RCA's support?

Unregistered guest
I got a Lyra 2012, and have a 521MB card in it. The player wasn't reading all the songs on the card. I updated the firmware and it now read all songs. I then added songs to the internal memory (which got formatted after the firmware update), suddenly, some of the songs can't be read again on the SD card. RCA's website doesn't even allowed people from outside of the USA to submit questions. I need a valid zip code, which I don't have (though, I suppose I could make one up, but still, it's poor customer service).

Bob the KNob
Unregistered guest
I bought an Rca Lyra 64mb. Works fine until I add a lexar 128 mb mem card. Seemed to work okay at first, then started having read problem, displaying wrong song titles, and not starting at the beginning. Tried reformatting. Now it says that there is only 30 mbs when I open properties. It downloads 30 mbs worth of songs, so that is indeed all that is now there. I feel it's a corrupt memory card. Question. Should I relace this card with another brand or did I just get a bad card. It works great now but only gives me 30 out of 128 mbs. Please help.

Jim Sternberg
Unregistered guest
My son received a Lyra 1028 and we transfered files from Itunes on our Mac. It worked at first but when we tried to replace songs it wouldn't recognize that we had removed any songs. Now even though the Lyra is empty it is saying we only have 512KB available and won't take any song files that I'm trying to transfer.

What can I do to fix this problem

Thanks

Unregistered guest
We got a lower end I think a 1071 Lyra and it reads all songs fine on internal memory, but when the card is in the unit it will only play songs ripped from a CD. It skips over the downloaded songs from an online music website. Why would the internal memory work for everything and the memory card (Sandisk 128M) only work for ripped cd songs?

Username: Cleedus4u

ok ive got this lyra rca 1028 for xmas works great enough but i just bought a 1gb memory card, the device shows icon saying its there, but musicmatch wont acknowledge its there and neither will my computer. ive read the instructions and know how to change the settings but nothing, i even exchanged a card thinking it was bad but the same problem

does anyone know about incompatable brands or if a card can be to big for the device
(not physical size)

Username: Radzuky

Hi My RCA DOsent works , when i turn it on it shuts of itself and it appears as remobable in the Pc. I CAnt formati it because it says i dont have the rights to do it.ALso I cant open it because it gives me an error WHat can i doooooooooooooo? if any1 can help please send me an email to (K-Radzuky@hotmail.com) or
(joce_albarado@hotmail.com) Thanks

Post Number: 2
Hi My RCA dosent works when i turn it on it flashes like for 3 sec and then it turns off. how can i format my RCA can anyone tell me please. TAhks

Post Number: 3
This is what it says when i try to open the device folder X I:\ is not accesible
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device Error please help me if you can, please.
application/mswordUpload
Doc1.doc (93.7 k)

Unregistered guest
SD Memory Card in Lyra 1021 -- I just purchased a 512MB SD card from PNY for use in it today. Like so many other before me, I am also having a problems with this. First, the printed manual that comes with the device says to refer to the soft version on the installation CD for information on using the SD media. There is no soft manual on the CD for this model. It has a manual for the 2760??? Second, the support page has a FAQ about it. The site suggests going to Programs - Lyra1020/... - Format Media, but as someone posted earlier, all that is listed is the uninstall and update utilities. I've tried a new battery and have tried selecting the "Format Media" checkbox when updating to the 6.07 fw version on rca's current site. I did find a 6.15 version using google, but I can't download it. http://download.rca.com/download/RD1021_71FWUpgrade_v615.exe Does anyone have this FW rev? Oh, Windows XP OS btw.

Unregistered guest
I seem to have solved my earlier problem by simply formatting the SD card.

To do this in Windows XP, where it does not give the "Format Media" option in the Lyra Player menu, here is what you need to do:

1. Connect your Lyra to your PC.
2. Go to MY COMPUTER.
3. You will see "Removable Disk (F: )". This is your SD card.
4. Right click the icon for the SD card. One of your options will be FORMAT.
5. Select format, then click START on the popup that will open.
6. Once the formatting is done, upload all the songs you want. The Lyra should now be able to read all your songs.

Unregistered guest
I REALLY need somebody's help on this. I have an RCA Lyra 1071 and a few days ago, it just stopped functioning. When turned out, it'd simply say "00 Total Track" even though it's full of songs, pressing the "next" button would make it show "223 00:00". wtf? It still functions as flash memory and the files stay in it fine, but it won't play. I have tried updating the firmware. tried reformatting. no help. rca site is useless. plz help

Unregistered guest
Just a minor thing, all of a sudden, my Lyra lists EVERYTHING as being in the "Rock" genre, even though it previously had them listed correctly. Any way to fix this without erasing and reuploading all songs? Also, any idea WHY it did this?

Unregistered guest
Ignore that last post. I'm an idiot, I was looking at the sound setting (it was set to "Rock", as opposed to Jazz, Pop, Bass, or Flat) instead of genre. lol

Roibet55dg55
Unregistered guest
on my computer when i install my lyra applications and when i plug it in at the bottom it downloads it says not all files could be installed...then it says it may not work and it says not suitable for running MS-Dos...
wut do i do???

Beckie
Unregistered guest
Lyra 1090 is just fast forwarding thru songs, how does it play?!?!

Beckie
Unregistered guest
Lyra 1090 is just fast forwarding thru songs, how does it play?!?!

Unregistered guest
Hi My RCA dosent works when i turn it on it flashes like for 3 sec and then it turns off. how can i format my RCA can anyone tell me please

Unregistered guest
i tried to fix it on the computer and click on removable disk (E) but it says error I/O deivice error and tried to go send the question to customer service on rca.com.but it doesnt help people out side of usa.please help me if you can and send a email to squareheadho@yahoo.ca

Unregistered guest
i tried to fix it on the computer and click on removable disk (E) but it says error I/O deivice error and tried to go send the question to customer service on rca.com.but it doesnt help people out side of usa.please help me if you can and send a email to squareheadho@yahoo.ca

Unregistered guest
I KNOW other PEOPLE had the same problem so if your one of them thencould you send me a email of how to fix my rca lyra

Unregistered guest
OK, I've tried everything, but no help! I also have a 1021 that evidently doesn't recognize that it has an SD card installed. I've reformatted both ways (FAT and FAT32) to no avail. When I go to "Send To Portable Device" in MusicMatch, all it shows is the E drive (the internal memory). I've gone through the process of putting it in Recovery Mode and updating, but still can't get it to recognize the card. Have also swapped cards with the one in my camera and reformatted. What do I need to do to get it to recognize the SD ccard?

V. Ellswood
Unregistered guest
Help! I bought a Centrios 256 mb SD card for my RCA Lyra 1071 and for some reason I can't access the songs on the card. The box symbol is flahsing, but I don't know what to do to access the music.

Anonymous

I was having trouble with my Lyra 1080 showing up in windows explorer on XP. I went to control panel,system, device manager and looked at my drives. It was showing up there. So i went into its properties and clicked on the volume tab and told it to populate. It tried to map to the H: drive which I had already used. I disconnected the current connection and looked again. Sure enough it was there. No more problems, not sure why it wanted THAT letter because I still had available letters. Hope this helps

Unregistered guest
REALLY need somebody's help on this. I have an RCA Lyra 1071 and a few days ago, it just stopped functioning. When turned out, it'd simply say "00 Total Track" even though it's full of songs, pressing the "next" button would make it show "223 00:00". wtf?

The problem - I had erased the player software when I reformatted the device.

Answer.
I found a work around for this problem that has worked great. USE ANOTHER COMPUTER and install the product update. Follow all the steps. Step 7 was KEY. using the same computer I could not get the device into recovery mode. Using another I was able to do so. Then I was able to update the firmware.

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/FirmwareUpgrade1607RD

Hope this helps.

Unregistered guest
Can't find player RD1021 in My computer through USB connection in Win_xp.I however can see it from another terminal on my network running Win_2k.

Meagan
Unregistered guest
Hi I have a lyra model 1021- every time i plug it in ito get music my computer doesnt recognize it it says " not detected!"
what can i do to get it to detect, I think they gave me the wrong software!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us