Nads with NHT

Anonymous

like to know if the nads and a good match up with the nhts. for both music and movies

phart buster
Unregistered guest
Go Nads.

Anonymous

the question was are the NADS a good match with the NHT. thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 388
If you think they are. Some people like the combination very much. It comes down to specific models, both with the amp and speakers. Don't rely on others to tell you what sounds good. If you have a NAD amp, bring it to a store that sells NHT, or vice versa.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 693
As long as the model NHT's are able to fill up your room with clean sound as loud as you want with the particular NAD receiver it should be fine.

However if you find that your speakers clip and distort when playing loud or during certain musical transients with the NADS, you will either need different speakers or different receivers.

One must match the speakers and receivers capabilities to the rooms acoustic abilities (not to mention how loud you listen to music).

Username: Benr

Fort Pierce, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
Bear in mind that NHTs are great speakers but require a lot of power to "sing" at their best. NAD rates their equipment conservatively so a 40 watt (RMS) per channel NAD will flat-out out perform some other mass production units rated at much higher number. As with any power source if you drive it to clipping you will get distortion. In conclusion , not knowing the output of you NAD , but relying on NAD's reputation, I would say that for a moderate size room you should be OK.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1488
I agree with Ben in that the NHT's are a particularly power sensitive speaker. They require a great deal of power to sound good or to fill a room. NAD, Rotel and Arcam are the recivers most likely to give you the current you need. You may also want to look at a pre/pro and seperate power amp. Some folks here suggest Outlaw, I disagree. Their power amp is fine but the pre/pro is not of very good quality. Good luck.

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
Art,
Why do you think Outlaw's pre/pro is not of good quality? Which model are you talking about? Have you heard them? How about their new 990 model? Sells for $1099 and seems like a very good deal compared to others. The 990 paired with the 7125 amp seems like a real steal.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1491
Outlaw's pre/pro's remind me of Adcom's pre's relative to music reproduction. They sound fair to midling for home theater and not particularly good for music. If I were to pick a quality for their sound I would say veiled. I feel they are unmusical and lifeless. Others disagree so I would ask those who like them why they do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us