NAD just MIGHT be reading this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Airforceone

Post Number: 80
Just for the heck of it, I was checking out the NAD website and they have added the signal to noise ratio and many other specs to the T 773 "closer look" area. It occured to me they might just be hanging around here reading posts, since I complained mightily around here about the lack of specs readily available for the 773 at their website.

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 416
AIRFORCE,

Sure they do. I have drawn their attention to some of these threads, and they seem to know what's discussed here. I guess they cannot comment on the forum itself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
I don't really blame them. If they did post here people would just start peppering them with stupid questions and flames. A guy from Denon posts over at AVS from time to time and he finally had to give up because everytime there was a problem with a unit people posted rude comments and were very unappreciative of the fact that he was there trying to help. The Same thing has happened on this forum to the guys over at SVS subs when they post here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
John A,

check out this link. Ron and Tom get flamed for posting on a public forum. I for one am am going to get an SVS one of these days JUST because they are readily available to answer questions. Kinda cool to have the guys who designed and built your sub available to talk with.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/1041.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
AIRFORCE,

Thanks for that link. I agree with you. It makes me want to try an SVS sub. It takes a small independent company to have someone with the personal involvement and the authority to write. Ron Stimpson was great, informed, and amazingly patient with those trolls. I have learned here from a very bad thread late last year that trolls feed on attention, and will write anything just to make people angry. There are some sad losers around, as well as informed and helpful folk. I guess we might worry about advertising invading the forum, but if the poster responds in a relevant way and is clear about who he is and what his interest is (e.g. representing a company) then I for one am only too pleased to read what they have to say.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
John A,

Good point about not getting the advertising started on the forum. That would get old quick. Ron and Tom seem to be the example of how it should be done. I was reading over at AVS and some guy heard a clank when he demoed his SVS for some friends. He posted about it, and either Ron or Tom, I can't remember which, actually helped him troubleshoot the problem. It turned out to be a ceramic planter above his system "clanking" when the bass really got going. They all had a good laugh but I couldn't get over how cool it was for them to help out only to discover the sub was doing exactly what it should...rattle everything in the house. I mean heck, there are people with real problems that don't get help like that from the company they purchased from.

Anonymous

I have seen different reps post on forums before to answer technical questions they choose to address. If you have a superior made product you will not be flamed. Unfortunately NAD AVR's have been so bug ridden in recent years, it would turn into a nightmare for the poor employees willing to try and help others out with technical answers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
AIRFORCE,

Yes, subs can really rattle furniture. So can ordinary speakers. So they should. It's easy to detect, though.

Anon.,

I think whether you get a response here will depend partly on the size of the company and its structure. A small outfit where the founder/director knows the product, takes a continued interest, or trusts someone else to get involved and speak on the company's behalf, must surely make a great product in most cases. Big oufits may have uninformed people entrusted with that job, if anyone at all.

I have obtained good service and individual attention from NAD, and even with a unit out of warranty. You can e-mail the webmaster and you will get reply. If it is something simple they might be able to help. You can see from this forum many people do not read the owner's manuals, for example. If it really sounds like a technical problem, they consult technical services and reply with, for example "could be a bad connection; check you interconnects". If that doesn't solve it, they will recommend you to contact your regional distributor, since they may need to take a look. In my case, the regional tech department were very knowledgable and helpful, and with their e-mail/telephone help I did a component replacement myself. And it worked. That's pretty good service for a multinational.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us