CD Recording from Digital Box

Anonymous

This has been touched on on another thread but was wondering if anyone has a definitive answer. If you have a Digital Cable Box with an optical audio output can you record things like Music Channels directly to a stand alone CD Recorder with an optical input? Is the signal encrypted in some way and is it "legal" to do for you own personal playback use???
Would the signal actually be digital?
Anyone know....Thanks

Joseph Dubin
Unregistered guest
Yes, I've made recordings from the optical output of my digital cable box directly into the CD recorder (my Yamaha digital receiver has no digital output so I have no choice).

To record from cable music channels the audio output from your cablebox must be set to "other" (not Dolby) and the cablebox's audio range set to "narrow" (to allow enough output into your CD recorder).

Let me know if this helps.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

Do you think I'd be better off connecting the Cable Box (Motorola DCT2224/1662) optical out into my HK630 optical in and then out of the HK optical out jack into the CD-R optical in? Would this do a better job of converting the signal.

Just looking to get the best quality possible to transfer to a CD for car listening. Was thinking of getting a CD-R with a hard drive to store and then edit or is there a better way to just get the info into my computer and edit and burn from that alone?

Thanks again

Unregistered guest
I have the optical connected directly to the CDR and the sound is outstanding (as mentioned, my Yamaha has no digital out so I have no other recourse). From what I've heard, there should be no noticable difference in sound.

My brother has a Yamaha CD-R with hard drive and uses it for extensive editing (inserting extra bars within a recording, etc.). When recording from cable music stations I insert a track marker at the beginning of each selection (have to be quick, obviously) using a CD-RW then just dub the portions I want to retain permantly onto a CDR.

Green Bean
Unregistered guest
How to stream music from DirectTV/Digital Cable to PC to record to CDRW drive?

Hip hop
Unregistered guest
Where do i find mp3 cd's

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 967
Very vague? Do you want cd's that can record mp3's or do you want a cd that has mp3 recordings???

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us