Bose Lifestyle 5 music system dead

Username: Labjr

Post Number: 8
I have a Bose Lifestyle 5 Music System that won't come on.

I took it apart to check for the obvious. The power supply seems okay. There's power all over the unit.

I am beginning to suspect the main microprocessor is bad since there's power present at some of the pins. and I believe it's the component responsible for controlling the unit and turning it on and off.

Does anyone know anything about these units, or know if Bose sells parts and service information?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Stereo_genious

USA

Post Number: 31
I have a better idea for you, L. Toss the bose junk you have, and get yourself a real system! Bose stinks donkey balls!

Username: Labjr

Post Number: 9
Actually, Bose, while pricey, is pretty high quality stuff. Well designed with good mechanical construction.

But thanks for your opinion.

Bronze Member
Username: Stereo_genious

USA

Post Number: 42
Bose is low quality! B.O.S.E stands for buy other sound equipment. Oh, oh oh, oh, oh. Bose is the worst. Buy other sound equipment!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1309
Yes, Bose sounds great at low to moderate listening levels, but once turned up gets messy. I've played with one of the Lifestyle receivers and was immesely surprised at how cheap it was built, especially the way the lid closed like a GPX boombox CD player lid. The speakers are made of mostly foam, paper, and plastic if you ever get a chance to open one up...

Bose sells parts-yes. But they're expensive, very expensive. I wouldn't doubt that it is the microprocessor unit you are talking about. And I'm not sure how easy it would be to obtain the part other than a service center with connections to Bose.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 420
BOSE.......better sound through marketing:
if they charge you a lot they think it might trick you into believing you are getting a quality product

Unregistered guest
I have the schematics for this unit and can e-mail

Unregistered guest
I have schematics I can e-mail.

Username: Rogerxnz

New Zealand

Post Number: 1
Did you ever sort out the problem? I have the same problem but I'm not sure if my power supply is OK. I cannnot get a reading with a voltmeter. Do you know which of the external and the internal contacts on the power supply jack is negative?

I assume the power supply is a normal AC to DC transformer. Someone has suggested to me that it is "special" or different in some way.

Username: Fherman

McKinney, TX

I have a working Bose Lifestyle 5 but no power cord or other connectors to hook it all up. HELP! Does anyone know where I can get them???

Thanks,
Faye

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4391
call Bose, they'll probably charge you oh, about $150 for it all...judging from how obscenely they mark up all of their products in order to bamboozle people in believing they're paying for top quality.

Username: Derguteton

H4ello Faye,

I have a Bose Lifestyle 5. It needs 15 Volts ~AC at the Connector on the left edge (backside9:

You can use any little AC-Powersupply.

from Berlin, Michael

Username: Oldgoat

Post Number: 2
I have a Lifestyle 5 Acoustimass Series-II system. The problem that I'm having is that although the Music Center powers up (LCD swithces on and CD player spins up), no sound is being put out, not even through the headphones. I removed the top of the Center, but do not see any fuses or fried parts. I also checked all the connections and ensured they were good. Does anyone have any sugestions (besides chucking the system, of course)?

Username: Anchoncho

Lake Forest, California USA

I have a bose lifestyle 5 that 3 of the speakers dont work. It was suggested to set it to the default settings with the remote control but the remote does not work. Do any of you have an extra remote that you can sell it or donate it? let me know. I want to make my system work as normal and I dont want to bring it over to a repair shop before trying the remote settings. Thank you! The remote that I have is the one that has the SURROUND, STEREO+CENTER & STEREO bottoms.

Username: Kevbo86

I have a bose lifestyle 5 system and im having a few propblems. My LCD screen has not been working for a few years so it makes it very hard to know what stations im listening to and what not. Does anybody know how i can fix this? Also, my remote no longer works from being dropped too many times on a hard floor. Does anybody know where i could get a replacement or if there is a way to fix this?

Username: Greenspan

You can get a schematic at http://manualfox.com/schematic.htmhttp://manualfox.com/schematic.htm

Username: Floyd5550

I have a Lifstyle 12 and the display is very dim. Replaced the c16 and c17 caps which I had done before and it worked but this time display is very dim. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rick

Username: Ceporter7

McKeeksport, Cporter USA

Is it ok to use Bose accoustimass speakers without the accoustimass module< but rathr with another powered subwoofer?

Username: Willworkforfood

Hello, I have a lifestyle 5 system. There is sound from the lifestyle 5 music center when plug through the headphone or the RCA output jacks in the back of the panel. But when it is connected to the subwoofer using the 8-pin DIN cable, there is no sound coming from the subwoofer or the speakers. I know the subwoofer is working fine because I have tested it connecting to my friend Bose 5 system. Any ideal?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us