Protect mode

Nick Rindt
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a Techwood PLR 85 that goes into Protect mode after about 2 minutes of beeing turned on. The back of it says it was built in 1999. Is there anything I can do to fix/repair this myself? Is it worth fixing? It sounds awesome, and I have been pretty happy with it, but wouldn't mind upgrading to something else. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 31
check your polarity, your positve and negative speaker wires are not put into the posts accordingly, I believe red is positive and black is negative, and your speaker wire should have a plus sign on one strand

Nick Rindt
Unregistered guest
It's wired correctly, it goes into "Protect Mode" when it's pluged in, even with all of the RCA's and speaker wires disconnected. Any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 707
Nick,

If it goes into protect mode when nothing is connected, it could be down to two things:

1. A component is dying.
2. The protection circuitry has developed a fault so it thinks it needs protecting!

With nothing connected, does the unit get hot before going into protect mode? If so, it's the first of the two. If it doesn't get hot, then it's likely the protection circuitry is messing up. Either way, it should go back to Techwood for repair. You need to really know your electronics and have a circuit map to be able to fix it yourself.

I have no idea what it's worth, and therefore if it's worth fixing.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us