NAD T753 troubles

Username: Giacomm

Barrie, On Canada

Post Number: 1
I am having a problem with my NAD T753 surround sound receiver. When powered on the following is displayed on the screen "U201/U202 Err" . Then the unit will power off by itself. The unit is still under warranty and I know I will have to bring it in for repairs . I was just looking for a little insight into this. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks.

Username: Js92987

Post Number: 5
Hi Alan , I have the 753 and I love it but it is my second one. The first one had the same problem you did although I do not remember what code was. There is a way to reset the computer by pushing a couple of buttons on the front of the receiver but I do noy think that will work. I took mine back to the dealer
and they said they thought was a power supply issue. But they didn,t even test they just called NAD who decided to replace it. Hopefully you bought it at a place that is in tight with NAD. Good Luck JOHN

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 429
Use your warranty. I am so happy to not have these computer chips in my 272's!!!!!

Not only NAD has problems with receivers like many will say however they are immensly popular and sell by the hundreds therefore we tend to hear more about them first.

They (NAD) definately have a problem with codes and I hope they fix it soon. I will stick to 2 channel listening as I am a music lover and have never had any problems with NAD in 20 years with various equipment. Good luck.

Username: Bumblebee

Post Number: 9
NAD's surround receivers have had many issues. I'd go w/ Yamahas or Denons for now.

Username: Giacomm

Barrie, On Canada

Post Number: 2
Returned my NAD 753 to the Canadian supplier of NAD products , they repaired the receiver within a few days. They replaced the AVR IC and also the pre-out board. They suggested that it may have been caused by lightning . Im a little surprised they had these parts on hand. Have to wonder if these go regularily . Unit works %100. I am happy again. Still love NAD.

Al
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us