NAD 763 & Bookshelves

Username: Blues

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,
I've been following this forum for a while now and recently auditioned several receivers and wound up purchasing the NAD 763 becasue I just loved the sound it produced. I am now turning my attention to bookshelf speakers that match up well with it. I've been looking at Paradigm Studio 40s, Dynaudio Audience 42s, and PSB Image L/Rs if I can find them to listen to. B&Ws might be a consideration too. Does anyone have experience with any of thses speakers with the NAD? Or any others for that matter that should be considered? Thanks for your input. By the way, the 42's prduced some of the largest sound I've ever heard and they were only 11" tall! They aren't discounted any though at $699. Still less than the Studio 40s. However I don't care about spending some extra $ to get the best sound.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 290
$699 is a discounted price for the Dynaudio 42 as they list for $800. I heard them for the first time a week and a half ago and was totally blown away. If I had the NAD 763 I would buy the Dynaudio 52 as mains and the 42 as my surrounds and the Dynaudio center. What a great system that would be. I like the Studio 40 alot but the Dynaudio's even more.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 197
Blues,

I think you have choosen some of the best possible speaker brands for NAD. You have obviously done your homework, or are just extremely lucky. You can't go wrong with any of them...it just really boils down to personal preferences. I have personally heard NAD paired with PSB and Paradigm, and both sound wonderful. Very warm and detailed sound. I have heard from others (elitefan and Hawk) that NAD is also AWESOME with Dynaudio. I would love to hear this combo in person, but haven't found a Dynaudio dealer in my area yet. There are also many on this forum who have the B&W/NAD combo and seem to love it as well. So, like I said, you have choosen 4 very good speaker brands to pair with NAD.

The only other brand I can think of to check out is Magnepan. Once again, I have never heard this combo in person before, but there are many on the forum who are VERY big Magnepan/NAD fans.

Username: Rcooke

Post Number: 8
You might want to check out the KEF KHT 2005.2 Eggs. I have some and there excellent.. will be upgrading to a NAD T763 reciever soon!

Anonymous

NAD 773 with Veritas 2.3 is the perfect combo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us