Marantz CC-4300 - A good surprise!

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 2181
I recently purchased a 'demo' Marantz CC-4300 5 disc CD changer to replace an older misfiring Yamaha changer. As we use our Denon DVD-2900 for the more 'critical' cd listening (when we are not listening to DVD-A's or SACD's), and the changer for more 'background' listening, I didn't bother with auditioning, I simply made the decision based on (a) the many good reviews of this changer and (b) the excellent deal I got even with an extended 1+4 yr warranty. When I hooked it up and threw some discs on the platter I wasn't expecting audio nirvana. And it didn't give me audio nirvana.

But what the CC-4300 did do was surprising. It gives a warm, but detailed reproduction, stereo seperation is excellent, the highs are clean and crisp, bass response is nice, and the sound is not the slightest bit fatiging. In fact, through the analogue connections it rivals, if not, beats the DVD- 2900 on CD playback. It seems quite well built and the only con (as in agreement with many reviewers) is the platter is a little noisy when changing position, but that's no big deal. I think this model has been discontinued in the States but there are still some around (seen on the net) and should be had for a bargain price. I highly recomend this changer for the money.

Components used are Marantz SR-7300 with B&W 602 S3 speakers.

Anonymous

I love the sound of my CC-4300. It was a replacement for an older Sony 5 disc that I had. The marantz was a lot better built than the offerings of many of the others out there (Sony and Denon changers).

Username: Untukdownload

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the advice. That helps me decide the change.

I am in the project of replacing the components, starting from the worst one until the sound is acceptable to my ears. I've tried to use my computer CD drive (directly from headphone jack) and diskman as the source. Both produce music better (better tonal balance and bass) compare to the DVD player.

The music from radio sounds more enjoyable to me as well. That is why I think the first candidate to replace is the cdp.

Yes, may be the amp and speakers are garbage, but is there a chance that in my case the worst comes from the CD player?

Thanks

Username: Untukdownload

Post Number: 5
Sorry the last post is not supposed to be in this thread. My mistake, sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us