5 disk cd player to amplifier question

Username: Godspeedgt

Post Number: 1
My parents are having a party here at the house this saturday and I need some help with setting up the stereo system. I thought it would be easier than this, so I hope you guys can help me. Right now, I have the memorex mx4501.
(http://www.memcorpinc.com/html/product_detail.php?PID=117&FID=7&SID=1&opento=100 6)
I am trying to hook it up to an amplifier, and hopefully power 2 sets of speakers, however right now I am just trying to get the first set working. I ran the speaker wire from the 2first set of speakers to the amplifier on the top row of connections (A). I then connected the amplifier to the cd player using aux cables. I figured that would be all I would have to do for it work, but Its not working. I know that I probably didn't word all of that right, but I did the best I could. I hope you guys can figure out what I'm trying to ask. I obviously dont know alot about this sortof stuff, so I could use all the help you can give. Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 522
you need a preamp

Post Number: 2
Im sorry.. A preamp?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 523
you cant directly hook up a cd player to an amp. you need something inbetween to do the volume control, conversion of signals, etc. if you have a stereo reciever then you dont need a preamp.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 524
sorry i wasnt paying attention. how exactly did you hook up the cd player to the amp? were there RCA jacks in the back of the cd player? if there are i would think you could hook up an amp to it. dunno what the back of the system looks like so dunno what else to tell you.

Post Number: 3
theres a red and a white connector.. says aux. I just used auxilary cables from the cd player to the amplifier. On the back of the amplifier theres an auxilary input. (Terminology is probably wrong). The amplifier im using was being used before with a different cd deck, and a synthesizer. Atleast I think it's called a synthesizer. Would that help anything?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us