Quad 11L placement, need some help

Username: Ikrga

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have experience with Quad 11L speakers placement? How close should I put them against the wall? How important is it that speakers are placed at equal distances from the listener? I have a rather irregular shaped room, so if I placed them symmetrically, one speaker will be close to the wall, while the other will be more than 1m away from it.

Starbucks
Unregistered guest
Hi Ivan. Can I know what CDP and amp u are using for your Quad 11L ?

Username: Ikrga

Post Number: 3
NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 cdp

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 58
When I heard Quad 11L's last week they were 3 feet from the back wall and sounded nice. I am picking up a similar set up to yours with the amp and cdp. Enjoy. And they were turned in very little to acheive a full soundstage. That finish that they put on the Quad's today is just exceptional. The continuity of the grain and how consistent the gloss is over the whole cabinet almost made me forget to actually listen to them. Awesome speaker for the price too!

Did you buy them locally? Any reputable HIFI shop will come to your house to help with placement if you paid MSRP for the pair. Both shops near me agreed to come help with my room since it is irregular as well. At least my wall to the listening couch is no issue. When putting the Quads only 12 inches from the wall the sound was too much LF for me. About 24 inches to 30 inches seemed to be the best for a home set up. Good luck with placement and enjoy that NAD gear!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us