No dts?

Kita
Unregistered guest
Hi,
First off I must say i'm not new to receivers, I would consider myself an audiophile actually.

Heres my problem, I select dts at the dvd menu, and it plays in dolby digital, so I go back and re-select dts, get dolby again. So I turn off the dvd and restart the DVD, same thing. Then i insert the dvd into my Sony Ps2, still wont play dts.

All my equipment supports dts and ive used it before, but I have no idea what to do, and im not new to this stuff, someone help me!

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 180
I think you'll have to play around in the ps2's system setup it's self.

it's worked before on the ps2 via dts?

Hope this helps

kita
Unregistered guest
It wont play dts in my DVD player either (Kenwood DV-502) so its not the ps2, Thats why i cant figure it out. If a dvd is scratched can that prevent it from playing dts?

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 181
well did you wait in tell the movie started?

because i relised that when the preview's are playing they tend to be in dobly and when the movies about to start you see a piano then its in dts for the movie

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1696
I cant speak for the PS2, but be sure to configure your DVD player setup options and activate DTS on the player. You only have to do that once. Once you've done that, do as you have done and select the DTS track on the DVD disc sound options.

It should then work.

Kita
Unregistered guest
I was able to get dts from my ps2 using GTA:vice city, so I rented a copy of Deep Water to test, and it worked!! The receiver instantly switched into dts-ES:Discrete and I was releived, I then put Biker Boyz(my original problematic disc) into my DVD Player and it would not go back into dts, so I snapped the disc.

Well thanks anyone who tried to help me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us