JBL 250 or Dayton low-end 12"?

Username: Makoman

Post Number: 8
I can get the 250 (W) for $220 to my door (sounds great) and $140 + shipping for the 150W sub. But, my ears haven't heard it. I'm using it in a13x14 HT system and the fronts will need a little help. Any ideas on the Dayton? Thanks for any input!

Bronze Member
Username: Lawk

Post Number: 12
I just bought the Dayton 12". Should have it in about three days. If you can wait i'll post my opinion on it.

Username: Black05hemi

So Cal

Post Number: 8
I'm getting my Dayton 12" tomorrow...

Bronze Member
Username: Lawk

Post Number: 13
Nanner nanner poo poo head, Hemi. :-)

So Cal

Post Number: 9
I got it today, and it was damaged...PE is sending me another one tomorrow...They didn't double-box it...Dunno why...I hooked it up anyway, and it rocks my room hard...This thing pounds, and I haven't even calibrated it..

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1739
hemi,

the thing is damaged and it STILL pounds? Yowsers!

Do you have a BFD? Those things are supposed to be amazing from what I've heard.

Bronze Member

So Cal

Post Number: 11
Yeah, the woofer cone is pushed in a little...And, the top corner of the cabinet is damaged...No, I don't have a BFD..That thing looks complicated...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1755
I've been meaning to get a BFD for ages now but like you am also a little intimidated at the prospect of setting it up properly. However people who have them say it's not anywhere as complicated as it might seem, and like calibrating your speakers it's a one-time thing then you're set.

Hope they'll double-box the replacement sub! Single-boxing something that big and heavy is really dumb...how expensive can a second cardboard box be?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2195
I dont think double boxing will make any difference. What matters is how and what they use to pack the inside of the box to protect the contents. That's what will protect whatever is inside. If it was packed well, you could beat on, and punch holes into the box until your hearts content, but the contents will remain unharmed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1766
True.

Hey! You just wrote a sensible post for a change! (picks jaw off floor)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2207
Hope they'll double-box the replacement sub! Single-boxing something that big and heavy is really dumb..
------------------

Yea, too bad you were too slow sooner. As if a second layer of .2" cardboard would make a difference..........

LOL....duhhhh?

Anonymous

congrats Paul, this is maybe the first time I've ever seen you beat out Edster on some decent advice. Usually he just runs circles around you.

Ed are you dozing off at the wheel there?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2212
I feel as if I just beat out Corky.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
well you know how it is, Anon---sometimes I have to let him win one for a change. LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us