7.1 Creative computer speakers on VSX-1015TX receiver?

Prasenjt
Unregistered guest
Hi Guys
I just brought Pioneer VSX-1015TX receiver and unfortunately running out of budget for matching speakers.
I have 7.1 Creative Inspire speakers for PC, I wonder is it possible to connect them with the receicer? also I have pair of 2way bookself speakers from my old Sony they are quite powerful, want to use them as front channel.
Guys Please help me..........

Username: Grifter_sg

Brisbane, QLD Australia

Post Number: 3
I think you should be able to, however it might take some effort and little money. I'm not exactly sure how the inspires are set up. My creative speakers have RCA coaxial type connections for the satellite speakers. Your receiver can take bare wires or probably banana plugs. So you have a few options:

(1) You could cut the end connections off the satellites to expose the bare wires (thought u probably don't want to wreck perfectly good speaker). Than connect to the receiver.

(2) You could bye some speaker wire and some female plugs (to match the male plugs of the satellites). Solder a small length of wire to the female plug so the one end can go into the receiver and on end into the satellite. Note that u need a +ve and --ve connection so a piece of wire needs go to the center of the plug and the other speaker wire goes to the outer part of the plug. In terms of what is + or -- u will just have use trial and error though sometime wires can be color coded.

For the subwoofer make (or buy) a cable that goes from RCA to 3.5mm stereo plug. Then connect this to the sub out on the receiver and the input on the subwoofer.

Hope this helps, it's a bit cryptic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us