Need Opionions for Outlaw Audio Model 1050

Username: Hunter2878

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 2
I was thinking about buying a used Outlaw 1050 6.1 Home Theater Reciever. Does anyone have any opinions about this reciever? Does anyone know why it was discontinued?
Thanks,
Hunter

Bronze Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 77
For opinions, the best place to find people with experience is on Outlaw's forum. In general, I have not heard anything negative about any of Outlaw's products. They are well-regarded, well-made, and the company stands behind them as well as any company out there (5-year transferable warranty on electronics is great).

As for why it was disconinued, the plan was to release a replacement in short order after it was discontinued. That replacement product (1070?) has been delayed, but I think they're expecting to release it this fall. I also think I remember reading that a critical part for the 1050 was discontinued, but that may have been for something else.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 689
The 1050 doesn't have the latest Dolby Prologic 11x and the latest digital connections. You can compare the features it does have with new models from other companies and determine if you you want or need the features that are missing.

Bronze Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 80
Considering that Dolby ProLogic IIx is 7.1, I can't imagine a 6.1 receiver would have much need for it.

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 219
Acutally, it doesn't have DPL II, it has the older DPL processing where the rear speaker output is a mono bandwidth-limited signal. It also had some problems playing certain 6.1 source DVDs (i.e. DD-EX or DTS-ES) in 5.1 mode. Seems like a quality unit, but has gotten a bit long in the tooth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us