Speaker setup

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 41
since i bought my reciever open box it came with no manuel...i have 2fronts and 1 centre speakers.....so on my hk reciever theres an option on there to turn the channel volumes up or down...im wondering wats the proper volume these channels should be set to ....there must be a reason for these channel volume options i would think...rite now i have all 3 speakers channel volumes set to 0db....but i saw i can turn them up to 10db each....should i turn them all up to 10db to get more power.....

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 303
I believe the individual level adjustments are to make up for room acoustics. Some speakers may be further away than others, some may be in 'dead spots,' etc. It isn't an extra power reserve like a turbo in a car. It won't make the whole receiver 10db louder you you turned it up as loud as it can go befeore clipping.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 978
Jay,

Adjust all channels so that the noise signal sounds the same on all channels. Speakers have varying efficiency ratings so will play at different loudness for the same input power. Distance from each speaker allow affects loudness.

What h/k receiver is it? Most recent ones have a microphone in the remote control and automatic setup.

Anoni
Unregistered guest
Jay,
No Manuel ! maybe you need to look for Robert ! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
well i have athena asb2's and asc1 centre with hk avr 330.....rite now i have the channel volume set to 0db per channel...... wen i turn that up all the way the music gets louder evn without me turning up the main volume.....so am i understanding that if i turn up the main volume all the way up with it set at 0db....that i will still get the same loudness even turning it up to 10db per channel and turning the main volume all the way......yes this reciever has a microphone on the remote but i dont know how to use it and i read in a site its not that good neways.....i dont know if thats true though since i havnt tested it .....what is that feature for neways

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1331
jay,

you should be able to download the manual from the HK website. Just do a google search.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 986
Here's the link to a PDF of the manual...

http://manuals.harman.com/hk/Owner%27s%20Manual/AVR%20330%20OM%20FINAL%20(rev%202-12-04).pdf

Looking at the current AS-B2.2 and AS-C1.2 specs, the AS-B2.2 is 1 dB more efficient. In that case, if the speakers are at the same distance to you, then you have +1 dB for centre and 0dB for the AS-B2.2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
thanks for the info ill turn up the centre 1db...as for the pdf manuel ive found those on google but the printing looks crummy on my computer

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 988
I know my manual was fine to read on screen (I read the manuals before I made my purchase)

Username: Gee

Post Number: 1
ok i am just going crazy i dont know what to do my guy says to put 4 9500's 12'mtx but i have 3 w7's jl's with 3 1000/1pushing them do i stay with the 3 13'or do i go 4 mtx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us